ps3 preorders - gamestation style

Associate
I'm gonna try and get a pre-order with GAME. Mainly due to the x360 release as they milked most of the uk's stock! I'm not to fussed over the price cos I will just prolly sell it on after a quick blast. :o

Caporegime
McManicMan said:
The Saturn was launched July 8th 1995 with an insane price of £399 which did not include a game. Games available on launch were Virtua Fighter, Clockwork Knight and International Victory Goal.

Then I apologise, but I know I didnt pay anywhere near that and I had CWK and VF :D

And to this day i still maintain it was a better system than the PS1. But the PS1 had games that easily copied and so flew off the shelves.

Wish I'd never got rid of mine.

Caporegime
Pac3y said:
I'm gonna try and get a pre-order with GAME. Mainly due to the x360 release as they milked most of the uk's stock! I'm not to fussed over the price cos I will just prolly sell it on after a quick blast. :o

Well if the release date if november, I might order one just to sell at christmas with the no doubt shortage. Flog it on the bay to pay for christmas 06 ;)

Soldato
dannyjo22 said:
Well if the release date if november, I might order one just to sell at christmas with the no doubt shortage. Flog it on the bay to pay for christmas 06 ;)

Im also considering this now that ive pre-ordered one. They may not sell as well as xbox 360s did on ebay though, due to 1) the higher price and 2) the fact that all PS3s are region free (for games), so you could get an American or Japanese console.
Its so tempting though..

Last edited:
Soldato
Hmmm....

And on the same forums where people were being slagged off for selling their 360's on eBay at huge mark ups.

Shame on you! :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
dannyjo22 said:
Then I apologise, but I know I didnt pay anywhere near that and I had CWK and VF :D

And to this day i still maintain it was a better system than the PS1. But the PS1 had games that easily copied and so flew off the shelves.

Wish I'd never got rid of mine.
It also had one of the best beat-em ups ever in Fighters Megamix!

Soldato
yeah i know how much the saturn was cos i had one at launch, was deffo the better console between that and PS1 at the time but was to hard to program for in the end and ps1 was being advertised like crazy so in effect killing off all competition, and the final straw for me was that tomb raider 1 was comming to PS1, lol - thats when i switched over to the dark side, until the dreamcast came out in Japan, upon which i imported, which cost me a fortune also!

Soldato
Johanson said:
2) the fact that all PS3s are region free (for games), so you could get an American or Japanese console.

I thought that wasnt confirmed. Plus how do you reckon its got '6 years of great gameplay' when no one has played a game yet?

Soldato
The PS2 was $299, launched on October 26 2000, it was released nearly a month later in the UK at £299. Nice conversion rate there - wait longer and pay more.

Since it sold so well, I wonder if Sony couldn't give a rats arse about the conversion rate and do the same again? I know there's a bigger difference between the pound and the dollar now, but this is Sony we're talking about.

[Edit]

Forgot to say, does anyone actually order from that place? 49.99 for practically all games - even second hand ones!? We have a local store which is a rip off, but I thought that was a one off - how do they survive?

Soldato
Put my deposit down for one today. Dont want to be messing about like with the 360 last year.
They started taking pre-orders in Bristol yesterday and I was number 16 already!

Soldato
da_mic_1530 said:

Been saying it would cost that for ages :confused: you just have to look at conversion rates for £/euro.

Also, to all the people preordering don't you think it would be wiser to wait until they say what will be the release games and finalise everything... especially as almost everythign shown so far has been prerendered.

Last edited:
Soldato
Raikiri said:
Been saying it would cost that for ages :confused: you just have to look at conversion rates for £/euro.

Also, to all the people preordering don't you think it would be wiser to wait until they say what will be the release games and finalise everything... especially as almost everythign shown so far has been prerendered.

they can always cancel, they are just making sure that they get some sort of chance of getting one, after the 360 fiasco i don't blame them as long as they are buying for themselfs rather than ebaying them for inflated prices which i personnaly think is wrong.

Soldato
McManicMan said:
they can always cancel, they are just making sure that they get some sort of chance of getting one, after the 360 fiasco i don't blame them as long as they are buying for themselfs rather than ebaying them for inflated prices which i personnaly think is wrong.

I dont see how its "wrong"? Its not the sellers fault that people BID (yes thats right, not the sellers price, buyers price) over and above the odds and fair play to those that had the foresight to get in early. Happens all the time with prestige/exotic car waiting lists, also happens with art when someone has bought an item before the creator dies, same with stocks and shares...its the way of the world.

Back
Top Bottom