What do you think this mobile number is worth?

Soldato
Thinking of buying a "cool" mobile number. No idea why, I think its a bit dell boy but still, lol!

The number is-

07 908 908 666
think the 666 makes it better tbh.

What do you think, cool?

How much do you think its worth?

Associate
Not worth anything IMO. There are far better numbers than that which you can pick up on PAYG alone (07888 888xxx). Paying for Orange's premium number service gives you some pretty nice numbers too :p

Permabanned
tzang said:
Not worth anything IMO. There are far better numbers than that which you can pick up on PAYG alone (07888 888xxx). Paying for Orange's premium number service gives you some pretty nice numbers too :p

How much do they charge? :p

Man of Honour
tzang said:
Could you imagine telling someone that number, now did i say 3 or 4 8's already :confused:

Soldato
OP
tzang said:

So what am I going to do, buy loads of Payg sims? Orange permium num,bers are no better than that, I know people that have them and pay a lot for them.

Soldato
OP
I think one of the best things about this number is the 908's are in a triangle in the bottem right hand corner of the keypad, and then the obvious 666 must be hot, lol.

This is so dell boy isnt it?

Soldato
when i took my contract out in cpw they offered me all sorts of premium numbers, some were about 80 quid i think. I laughed in their face as they didn't seem particularly memorable to me, or at least not enough to warrant an 80 pound charge.

Realistically I can only see the point in a really easy to remember number if you're using it for business, otherwise you'll surely know it off by heart after a few weeks.

Soldato
OP
Gaijin said:
Well mine is 0796666XXXX but i dont reckon its worth anything. It only means that people call me the antichrist from time to time :mad: :(

I think its only realy worth something if its got some sort of patten at the ends, ie, 1234 or summin like this even 7755 say.

Last edited:
Associate
nothing i have a wicked number with 3 numbers other than the 079 :) my other one which i gave to my dad has 3 unique numbers inc. that :)

Associate
I've got an old PAYG voda sim 07733 222884, chose it when I bought a phone a while back, couldn't find 222888 though unfortunately.

Personally think these premium numbers are useless for private individuals since once you've given your number out people usually have it stored in their own phone and don't need to remember it, these things are better suited to business use, on letterheads, vans etc.

Associate
Spamalot said:
what i meant was for me, i have only have 3 other numbers with 079 (ie 3 different repeating numbers) such as 07930030830

my dad on the other hand just has 3 unique numbers in it ie 07907907907

all numbers are quite obviously fake. :)

Associate
My pet hate - people who walk into my store and ask to see every number on the side of the boxes. Theyre normally in sequence so if you look at enough you normally get a decent number. Obviously doesnt work with Orange etc but its the cheapest way of getting a good number. Just dont do it in my store ;)

Though like Sm0kin said, nobody really looks at your number after youve given it to them.

Back
Top Bottom