Alternative to itunes?

Man of Honour
30Gbs of music - your'e not messing about are you. :)

The only suggestion I can make is Winamp but with that much toonage anything is going to struggle.

Suspended
I use Windows Explorer and Winamp for my 50GB of music. If your ripper/encoder is setup right it'll create directory/subdirectory/filename into your main "Music" directory. If MP3 tags are messed up sometimes you can't trust software to move the files to directories, as it'll just screw them up (ie if Artist / album tag is blank but filename and directory location is correct)

Godfather might rearrange files around, not sure. I always do it manually.

Soldato
I have 150Gb of music. Ok, it's all WMA lossless - so only amounts to around 6000 tracks.

Windows Media Player handles it all as well as any. The new version (WMP 11), of which the public preview should be released sometime today, really has a library feature beyond compare. It shows everything by album covers, which makes it far more useable than WMP10/iTunes massive list of text columns.

Associate
I would say MediaMonkey - it has a *much* better interface than Winamp, which seems to concentrate on the graphics more than listing the albums you have etc :rolleyes: Takes a bit of getting used to but I wouldn't be without it now - also allows drag and drop to various MP3 players and CD ripping support in the free version :)

Back
Top Bottom