Getting a N70 unlocked from orange?

Suspended
bought a unlocked n70 from ebay, recieved it and it aint unlocked, which leaves me feeling somewhat annoyed. Is it possible to get it unlocked from orange if the handsets an ex contract one? Last I heard it was £30 to get it done and took 2 weeks for the code, is the situation still the same?

Suspended
OP
i was under the impression that only service providers could unlock the new nokia handsets such as the N series, 6270/80 etc

Associate
gib786 said:
i was under the impression that only service providers could unlock the new nokia handsets such as the N series, 6270/80 etc

this is true. orange will be very unlikely to unlock it for you considering they didnt sell it to you. you would have to get the original bloke who bought it to do it, and then i think it costs around 15£ but you better hopes hes been with them for over a year/it isnt stolen.

These new phones are confusing, perhaps it is possible to unlock it by flashing it, who knows, all the forums ive visited recently say that you cant unlock the BB5 phones. (google BB5 unlock see if you get anything, ps the unlock for BB5 phones on Ebay is fake).

Suspended
OP
spirit said:
this is true. orange will be very unlikely to unlock it for you considering they didnt sell it to you. you would have to get the original bloke who bought it to do it, and then i think it costs around 15£ but you better hopes hes been with them for over a year/it isnt stolen.

These new phones are confusing, perhaps it is possible to unlock it by flashing it, who knows, all the forums ive visited recently say that you cant unlock the BB5 phones. (google BB5 unlock see if you get anything, ps the unlock for BB5 phones on Ebay is fake).

seller appears to be legit, has sold a few phones before on ebay, accordin to the people ive asked you cant unlock the bb5 phones just yet, unless you know someone with the kit

Associate
gib786 said:
seller appears to be legit, has sold a few phones before on ebay, accordin to the people ive asked you cant unlock the bb5 phones just yet, unless you know someone with the kit

if you find some email in trust :p

(i still think you can't atm. - Not BB5 debrand yes, unlock no)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom