Working for a funeral parlour....

Soldato
OP
kitten_caboodle said:
my ex was regional manager of the Co-op Funeral Services for the North West.
What do you want to know?

Well I'm applying for the position with a local one, who is part of the Dignity group. I've written my covering letter etc based on the fact that im good with people, caring etc. I just wanted to know what else I should focus on, what else will be expected of me as a service arranger.

Soldato
DailyGeek said:
Well I'm applying for the position with a local one, who is part of the Dignity group. I've written my covering letter etc based on the fact that im good with people, caring etc. I just wanted to know what else I should focus on, what else will be expected of me as a service arranger.

being able to cope well and sensitively in difficult situations - they might ask you for an example where you've done that, so make one up if you haven't got one.

Organised, capable and unflappable under pressure. Mention that you're aware that this is the very last thing that people can do for their loved ones and you respect how important it is that it goes off well. Respect is another biggie. Also that you're not scared to speak directly to people in difficult situations, e.g. you won't dodge using the persons name, you'll just be firm, but sensitive when dealing with emotionally devastated people. :)

Associate
DailyGeek said:
I'd like to think I'd be good at supporting the bereaved.

I stared at that for about 30 seonds thinking it said 'the beavered' trying to understand what the hell you were on about.

I need more sleep :(

Soldato
OP
kitten_caboodle said:
being able to cope well and sensitively in difficult situations - they might ask you for an example where you've done that, so make one up if you haven't got one.

Organised, capable and unflappable under pressure. Mention that you're aware that this is the very last thing that people can do for their loved ones and you respect how important it is that it goes off well. Respect is another biggie. Also that you're not scared to speak directly to people in difficult situations, e.g. you won't dodge using the persons name, you'll just be firm, but sensitive when dealing with emotionally devastated people. :)

I'm a Samaritans volunteer - so check most of that. I'm really playing the caring card :) I like the very last thing people can do though, sounds good.

Soldato
OP
qwerty said:
I stared at that for about 30 seonds thinking it said 'the beavered' trying to understand what the hell you were on about.

I need more sleep :(

lol, you just know im going to end up writing beavered on my covering letter now!

Soldato
DailyGeek said:
I'm a Samaritans volunteer - so check most of that. I'm really playing the caring card :) I like the very last thing people can do though, sounds good.

My first job in the Media was writing obits and aknowledgments for the FD's.

Oh, the glamour!! :D

The samaritans thing is a massive plus, that will go down very well, it's exactly the type of personality they look for.

Soldato
OP
kitten_caboodle said:
My first job in the Media was writing obits and aknowledgments for the FD's.

Oh, the glamour!! :D

The samaritans thing is a massive plus, that will go down very well, it's exactly the type of personality they look for.

I'm hoping that'll carry me really. It basically means I already have the people skills and I'm used to tough emotional situations.

I don't think the money is great for this kinda of job, but I'm after a career so its worth a shot.

Back
Top Bottom