Zalman CNPS9500?

Caporegime
NightmareXX said:
I was wondering what people's views on this heatsink are if I was going to be overclocking?

Current stock cooler seems to keep my CPU at 43 degrees under full load.

Thermaltake Big Typhoon is better and lighter (and cheaper?).

Soldato
Minstadave said:
Thermaltake Big Typhoon is better and lighter (and cheaper?).

Actually that's not true. The TT weighs about 30% more than the Zalman.

The TT cools slightly better and is quieter on full but you have to remove the mobo to fit it and it won't fit in all cases due to it's height, also moving the case becomes an issue due to the 850g weight hanging off the motherboard. The Zalman's a great cooler and has a bundled fan controller which can reduce it's noise level to that of the TT without affecting the performance hugely, it's also easier to fit. My FX55 is happy at 3gig (1.52v) and with it attached directly to the mobo header it hardly ever goes into full (which is set at 40 via the BIOS).

Soldato
Its not as heavy as a lot of coolers, and its weight is spread with the standard AMD64 socket backplate. So long as you screw the motherboard to your case properly it will be fine.
Just don't drop the case or so on, because that might be problematic (don't want to try to be sure of this either)

Soldato
The 9500 only weights 530g which is very good for Intel CPUs as the max weight is supposed to be 430g so that is not much other.

Such a great HSF and looks cool as well with the Blue LED built into the fan.

Back
Top Bottom