Odd video problem

Associate
Hi,
I watch TV via my Pc (due to space reasons) and I've been having problems. I have a MSI TV @nywhere installed and have had it for a few months and its been working fine. Anway I recently installed a few Codecs (ace mega pack, for the older stuff and then xcodecpack forthe latest) and sorensen squeeze to edit a few vids for the web. Since then I've not been able to use my Tv program (MSI TVR) - I get a black screen with sound. I assume its something to do with the codecs as I think it was working after installing soresen but I'm not 100% on that.

The odd thing is that when I use Sorensen or MSI TVR I now get an error message which is "access violation at address 00007774. Read of address 00007774". I have tried another TV program and still the same problem. Sort of a re-install I'm running out of ideas. I'm going to update everything but I'm not hopeful. Can someone help??
Cheers
-How.

Associate
I had a similar problem on Windows 98, although not with a TV program, it was codec related. It turned out that a MS patch had killed the codec working on 98 permanently. Uninstalling the patch reversed the issue.

Did you install any MS patches as well??

Back
Top Bottom