• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

XFX 7800GTX

Associate
Are these still about to buy ive just searched a few online shops and cant find any, im thinking about doing duel sli to get more power.

Also whats this PhysX card all about is it an additional card or a new seperate graphics card?

Associate
OP
yeah ive read most of that but its just going into the games maily, is it an add on card that combines with your graphics card or is it a new seperate card?

HeX

HeX

Soldato
PhysX is a separate card that uses a PCI slot.

Also there really is no need to buy one now unless your:

a) Rich and bored.
b) Desperate to have the latest tech.
c) Mad.

Caporegime
DjBenC said:
wouldnt 2 7800's be faster than 1 7900 though?

TBH two 7800 GTX's is a fast solution.But the best option with the price of the 7900 GT's would be to sell your 7800 GTX and get a single 7900 GT in its place.

And overclock it.

My 7900 GTX beats two 7800 GTX SLI and a single 7900 GT can be overclocked to GTX speeds with overclocking so the best route to take would be get rid of the old and in with the new.

Always the way with SLI unless you buy the top cards within months of each other. :)

Associate
OP
@LoadsaMoney - yes that is bad mate :D

@easyrider - I might consider that then but whos to say when I buy one of them its not going to be out of date in 2 months I mean I only got the 7800 in Feb and thats already way out of date. Its just a never ending upgrade of hardware spending all that cash thats why I was thinking about just sticking another 7800 for cheapish and having them over the summer :)

Soldato
A 7900GT or X1800XT should last you good 6+ months or until DirectX 10 games start coming out, and you'll be able to make back quite a bit of the money by flogging your 7800GTX.

That said, a 7900GT is only really better than a 7800GTX if you volt-mod it, so were I in your position I would just keep what I have as it's still great.

P.S. Don't buy PhysX yet. *Shudder.*

Associate
OP
Yeah if the DX10 cards are due out then the best thing would be to hang on and just get one of them then, I might upgrade my board and chip in the mean time :)

Soldato
Well DX10 and supporting cards are planned for early 2007, but it will take at least six more months for enough games to come out to make buying one worth it. That said, I think I can safely say a 7800GTX will easily last the next 12 months. :)

Caporegime
DjBenC said:
@Loadsamoney - yes that is bad mate :D

@easyrider - I might consider that then but whos to say when I buy one of them its not going to be out of date in 2 months I mean I only got the 7800 in Feb and thats already way out of date. Its just a never ending upgrade of hardware spending all that cash thats why I was thinking about just sticking another 7800 for cheapish and having them over the summer :)

sounds like a plan but what will it cost you to get another 7800 GTX?

Associate
OP
I think I'll hold off then thanks for the info lads :)

Might bump my memory up another 2GB and get a faster processor sometime over summer, I could do with a 20" LCD screen too :p

Back
Top Bottom