Telewest: The only place to watch ALL Worldcup games in HD!

Soldato
all i want is too watch games in HD, i dont have telewest, i cant get SKY HD due to cost, im not buying the £300 recevier and dish, is it possible and legal to watch internet streams from abroad?

/derails thread

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
If you've got an internet connection that lets you stream HD I'd love to know about it.

Only way to get it in HD without forking out for equipment is to go to another country that is more advanced with HD (plenty of them).

Soldato
Tesla said:
All 64 games for €64! That's good value for money.

However, I thought HD receivers started around the £300 mark?

you can buy an 85m dish and lnb for lass than £25 on ebay, to save money on a reciever, (though they don't cost the earth anyhow) you buy a skystar2 PCI card and use your computer as a receiver. :D

however to watch encrypted channels 'legally' you would need a cam, which usually involves a slightly more expensive card.

either way its cheaper than sky, and you have the choice of the whole of europe, just point your dish at the satallite you want to recieve from etc..

Soldato
englishpremier said:
you can buy an 85m dish and lnb for lass than £25 on ebay, to save money on a reciever, (though they don't cost the earth anyhow) you buy a skystar2 PCI card and use your computer as a receiver. :D

however to watch encrypted channels 'legally' you would need a cam, which usually involves a slightly more expensive card.

either way its cheaper than sky, and you have the choice of the whole of europe, just point your dish at the satallite you want to recieve from etc..
Thanks, I am aware of the components which go to make up a Satellite system and how they work. The point I was making is that a HD sat receiver is not much cheaper or really any cheaper than SKy HD receiver (remembering SKyHD is a PVR too).

Oops Dead Again said:
I don't have much choice, there's no cable in my area so its Sky HD for me.
We are discussing the alternatives too...

Soldato
FrankJH said:
telewest havent cabled central London grrrrrrrrrrrr

I know, and my gf isnt allowed to install a dish on her building so theres not much that can be done.

I still cant believe we are so behind the times here! After all the tax we pay and the amount people spend her, we are behind other countries in terms of services available! We should have had HD long ago. :(

Soldato
Reception to 28E (Sky's satellite) will work from behind a window in most cases providing the window isn't metallic.

You can also get transparent PVC dishes which look a lot less conspicuous.

Soldato
norm said:
Reception to 28E (Sky's satellite) will work from behind a window in most cases providing the window isn't metallic.

You can also get transparent PVC dishes which look a lot less conspicuous.

I had a chap call me to align a dish which looks like a light apparently, he has a listed building.

Associate
Had quite a few problems with it so far, part-recorded programs being the most annoying one so far. Although it has improved slightly in the last month or so. When's it 100% reliable then I'll stop recording stuff onto my harddisk/dvd player as well as TV Drive.

I suspect that its teething trouble and a lot of the problems will get sorted out but it is a tad annoying if you record something to find out the last 10 mins hasn't been recorded. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom