bringing a DS lite back from hong kong (charged duty ?)

Associate
my sister is going to hong kong in june and i was thinking of getting her to get me a DS lite when she is there

will she be charged duty when coming back into the uk ?

someone told her she will be

will it just be a case of her stashing it deep in her suitcase ?

cheers

Associate
best bet is take it on in your piocket and stash the other stuff around your case and fold down the box.

When i came back from the usa last year i bought my psp there, i had it in my pocket and when the guy searched me he saw the box and his response was 'Awwww man a psp i soo want one of these', he let me past.

Oh yeah take the pricing labels off it. might help

Associate
Can't you just say you bought it in the UK and took it to HK to play there if you got bored? I mean, they can't prove you bought it overseas, as long as you don't blatantly in the face show them the receipt and box right?

daz

daz

Soldato
sharingan_sasuk said:
Can't you just say you bought it in the UK and took it to HK to play there if you got bored? I mean, they can't prove you bought it overseas, as long as you don't blatantly in the face show them the receipt and box right?

This is customs and excise we're talking about... if they want to... they can take you down to chinatown. If you go through the green channel with nothing to declare, you will go through without a problem. If you go through the green channel but are over the limit for goods purchased outside the EU then you could get into trouble if they do a random bag search and find the DS and loads of other goodies. The limit I think is £145... if you only bring back a DS and a game, you're fine...

Associate
I used to bring 10 PSP(V1.5) from China, I just leave them in the big-big luggage, and guest what? No Custom/Duty at all.

Permabanned
Nixeh said:
put the box in main luggage, which goes in the hold. they search ** hand luggage later on
they wont know if you have bought it there or not.

Ya go through green with ALL your bags dude and if they do a search they will search em all. Be careful with customs but dont worry about em too much. They are after drug dealers and tobacco/alcohol smugglers, not some girl with a kids toy! Justy make sure it aint stuffed with cocaine :p

Back
Top Bottom