for anyone who couldn't do the student rally

Associate
Define public school. In England are public school actually private schools. I'd call a public school a state school, and a private school one where berks send their children there by a nanny in a Range Rover, and spend ludicrous sums of money to do so because they are above everyone else.

Soldato
GlasgowTitan said:
Define public school. In England are public school actually private schools. I'd call a public school a state school, and a private school one where berks send their children there by a nanny in a Range Rover, and spend ludicrous sums of money to do so because they are above everyone else.

What a rediculously anal comment.

I was educated in public schools from the age of 4 through to last year.
My mother has had no backing (financially or other) from my father throughout my entire life and has worked hard to provide me with the best education I could get. I've never had a 'nanny' and we certainly don't drive a Range Rover.
So simpy because she sent me to a private school does that make her a "berk"?

Think before you speak next time because you make yourself look like a prize ******.

Last edited:
Associate
[offtopic]The Conservatives actually funded children to go to private schools for a long time - assisted place scheme I believe it was called. Labour ever kept it until about 1998 I think. So not really everyone who went to Private schools could really afford to. [/offtopic]

Soldato
GlasgowTitan said:

Are you that angry? or have you got a chip on your sholder about something? Because someone else can aford it whys it bother you what they do.

Edit- Ok, firstly you said England and your location is Glasgow, so you not in a position to comment. I'm sure the majority of people south of the boarder are away of the term public school, because they are educated either publicly or state I suggest you also get some education for you self.

Last edited:
Soldato
MrSix said:
What a rediculously anal comment.

I was educated in public schools from the age of 4 through to last year.
My mother has had no backing (financially or other) from my father throughout my entire life and has worked hard to provide me with the best education I could get. I've never had a 'nanny' and we certainly don't drive a Range Rover.
So simpy because she sent me to a private school does that make her a "berk"?

Think before you speak next time because you make yourself look like a prize ******.

I think you must know that this guy surely does not refer to you when he talking about this particular sterotype? Whilst I am aware there are plenty of families that worked darn hard to put their kids thru public school it's clearly not always the case.... I am sure that you know only too well how hard your parent worked and realise that you should be prudent with your money because it does not grow on trees. Again this is surely often not the case with a good proportion of the students at some of these schools. I'm not knocking them as such I just feel the blazay attitude some public school families have towards money and those who are less fortunate leaves a lot to be desired.. I certainly did not starve as a child, I never wanted for anything that was actually important. However, I was certainly not bought every trinket on a whim which I believe is a good thing. Please understand I am not arguing with you and have a great deal of respect for you and your family. This is not an attack on you.

Soldato
Yes, I do agree with you entirely.

However, he said that private schools are where "berks send their children there by a nanny in a Range Rover, and spend ludicrous sums of money to do so because they are above everyone else".
That is a direct personal attack on ALL people who attended one as he didn't state "where some berks and other hardworking people".
Obviously I couldn't give a flying fart what he thinks as he seems like the sort of person you'd expect to see in skaggy tracky bottoms and no shirt, having a BBQ on his front lawn stood next to his rusty sierra with a tarpaulin over the rear window, but I felt that I had to put him straight as people like him need educating in these little "life lessons" or they just carry on thinking they know it all (when usually they know very little).

Soldato
mattpc said:
I think you must know that this guy surely does not refer to you when he talking about this particular sterotype? Whilst I am aware there are plenty of families that worked darn hard to put their kids thru public school it's clearly not always the case.... I am sure that you know only too well how hard your parent worked and realise that you should be prudent with your money because it does not grow on trees. Again this is surely often not the case with a good proportion of the students at some of these schools. I'm not knocking them as such I just feel the blazay attitude some public school families have towards money and those who are less fortunate leaves a lot to be desired.. I certainly did not starve as a child, I never wanted for anything that was actually important. However, I was certainly not bought every trinket on a whim which I believe is a good thing. Please understand I am not arguing with you and have a great deal of respect for you and your family. This is not an attack on you.

Firstly- You get paid for what you do, don’t be resentful. You choice your own path in life. They have lots of money for 2 reason, they are cleaver and make the rite decision, or because they are hard working. Both are fair enough and they can spend there cash on what they want.

Secondly- That have that attitude because they've got more cash than you. Its seems fair because they or the parents before them have earn it.

Last edited:
Associate
I think something like this'd be great fun, and I'll probably do something like it when I'm 18 - pretty sure you can't drive abroad in europe unless 18, but willing to be corrected!

But, I go to a state school and always have. Sounds a little elitist limiting to those who have attended public school, and a bit unfounded; why not allow any student?

It's not a big deal though, there are plenty of these gumball/rally events.

Soldato
Spamalot said:
Firstly- You get paid for what you do, don’t be resentful. You choice your own path in life. They have lots of money for 2 reason, they are cleaver and choice the rite decision or because they are hard working, both are fair enough and they can spend there cash on what they want.

Secondly- That have that attitude because they have got more cash than you, fair enough they or the parents before them have earn it.

lol spamalot - that post is almost totally incoherant.

Soldato
OP
TommoUK said:
I think something like this'd be great fun, and I'll probably do something like it when I'm 18 - pretty sure you can't drive abroad in europe unless 18, but willing to be corrected!

But, I go to a state school and always have. Sounds a little elitist limiting to those who have attended public school, and a bit unfounded; why not allow any student?

It's not a big deal though, there are plenty of these gumball/rally events.

there are invites allowed, and I can invite people :D

Back
Top Bottom