Xbox 360 Update?

Man of Honour
I'd guess most of the ones with major faults will have been sold now, and if faults were to come up, they'll have come up by now, as that's when they're more likely to happen.

I think the next big hardware revision will be the 65nm CPUs from the current 90nm setups, meaning they should a little bit cooler.

Soldato
No known changes other than the appearance of the Samsung/Toshiba DVD drive in some 360's.

No idea when the smaller 60nm die cpu's will be in production yet. That will be the next hardware revision though.

Man of Honour
Zico said:
No known changes other than the appearance of the Samsung/Toshiba DVD drive in some 360's.

No idea when the smaller 60mm cpu's will be in production yet. That will be the next hardware revision though.

60mm CPUs!!!??!! christ, they're using tech from the 50's? ;) :p

Edit: Hahahaha, beat the edit ;)

Soldato
masterk said:
Hi guys, how is the 360 situation? Are they on a second revision now? Getting more reliable?

Cheers.
I must say Ive not heard the level of rumblings that were around when it launched so it does seem to have improved. If you are thinking of waiting before jumping in, I wouldnt bother as if you do get a faulty machine the replacement service seems good.

Soldato
Kreeeee said:
Hmm well I have the hitatchi one and it's a noisy so and so.

I have the Toshiba-Samsung one and its noisey aswell.

If its got holes on the disk tray its Hitatchi-LG, if it doesnt its Toshiba-Samsung.

Soldato
5bjoshua said:
I have the Toshiba-Samsung one and its noisey aswell.

If its got holes on the disk tray its Hitatchi-LG, if it doesnt its Toshiba-Samsung.

I would have thought that any DVD drive spinning at a maximum of 16x would be loud no matter what manufacturer made them. Sony have said that the PS3 would be quiet but I would put some (if any) noise reduction down to the fact that the DVD read speed in the PS3 is 8x (half that of the 360) and the Blue-Ray drive will be 1-2x.

Caporegime
Still have mine from back in dec, as far as i can see its one of the first revision ones and is damn noisy lol:p. But so far it hasnt broken down so perhaps im lucky and i play for a good few hrs on it. Mind it does get quite hot though, in a way im hoping it dont break but then i do want it to break so i can get a quieter one :p.

Knowing my luck it probably will break sometime soon:p

Back
Top Bottom