Full Auto - worth £27?

Man of Honour
My local Gamestation has Full Auto 2nd hand for £27, and I was wondering whether to get it or not. I enjoyed the demo a lot, but is the full game going to hold my attention long enough? Your opinions please.

Soldato
Davey_Pitch said:
My local Gamestation has Full Auto 2nd hand for £27, and I was wondering whether to get it or not. I enjoyed the demo a lot, but is the full game going to hold my attention long enough? Your opinions please.
Its got a lot of replayability over live imo. One of those "I fancy a quick blast on something" games having said that when I get online my one or 2 games becomes a bit of a session :o I havent played it in ages though, I should really make the effort as it is a cracking game.

One player is a bit on the weak side, in terms of time to finish it though.

EDIT- I'd say it was worth the £29.99 it can be had for new too.

Soldato
I wouldnt pay that much, it can be had for between £20 - £25 second hand which I think is more reasonable.

Permabanned
Spawn said:
Tbh i played the demo and wasnt that impressed with it...but thats probably because i really didnt pay much attention to it. Think ill give the demo another blast tonight.

I am beginning to think that the demos don't really give you enough of the game to know if you'll like it - well me anyway.

Examples:

King Kong demo - I thought woah looks incredible. The reality - it was boring and linear and required no skill.

The Outfit demo - universally despised. I have the game on rental and in story mode it's Ok a kind of BF2 with a macho dirty dozen style twist, an arcade like feel instead of the expected CoD realism. It's not such a bad game although I haven't played much of it yet.

Full Auto demo - really limited, 2 cars, one or 2 tracks from memory. The reality is it is a blast especially with people you know, the cars all handle differently the level of challenge is higher than it seems from the demo and I love it.

Caporegime
Davey_Pitch said:

No, it's not. I bought it for £27 and I would say it's barely worth half that amount. It's just Burnout with an abysmal framerate. You actually feel like you're going SO slow.

Associate
VIRII said:
The Outfit demo - universally despised. I have the game on rental and in story mode it's Ok a kind of BF2 with a macho dirty dozen style twist, an arcade like feel instead of the expected CoD realism. It's not such a bad game although I haven't played much of it yet.

bit off topic but

I didnt give the outfit a second thought as every mag slated it and TBH no one mentions it, but I got the multiplayer demo on a mag and thought WTF ill try it and was pleasantly surprised,,, :) theres so much in game that you can interact with/destoy, my son even managed to get his soldier pushing an old wheelbarrow with another soldier sitting in it lol, id never think of trying it myself, lol.. your right it has a feeling of BF2 for some reason, ill keep an eye on this one, and wait for it to hit the bargain bins.. :D

Soldato
lordrobs said:
Its got a lot of replayability over live imo. One of those "I fancy a quick blast on something" games having said that when I get online my one or 2 games becomes a bit of a session :o I
Agree with that. FA is a blast and I've not touched it since Oblivion arrived. I played it a few days ago online and all those memories came back to me. Single player isn't all that but is kinda long. It shine's online though the mass carnage is fun.

Is it worth £27? I'd say no, but in the £20-25 margin yes. I loved the demo eventually, hated it at first so took a risk getting the game. I don't regret it and it's a keeper for me.

Very easy achievements too tbh.

Soldato
How can it not be worth 27 and yet worth 20-25? Surely it's simply a question of whther or not you think you will enjoy the game. If not then don't buy full stop, a bad game that only costs a fiver is still a bad game.

Soldato
one thing you defo need to considor about this game is the fact that the gfx do in fact lag A LOT in particular areas E.g. desert tracks and where a lot of action is happeneing - u feel this even more on live. Thats the only bad thing about the game tbh as it is loads of fun.

Soldato
I played it on a friends machine & must admit to being very dissapointed with the framerate - you shouldn't have to put up with that on current hardware. A bit of fun though. :)

Back
Top Bottom