Anyone know how I can export at 60fps using Premiere 6.5???

Associate
Hi guys, I animated a character for a game at 60fps in a modelling program, and have now got video that needs encoded at 60fps in permiere, any ideas? All options ive seen so far are either pal or ntsc, but no 60fps option. :confused:

Associate
havent used that version but when creating the initial setup there will be the standard presets and a seperate tab for custom presets, use the custom and set your timebase as 60fps

Associate
Haven't used 6.5 for a year or so but seem to remember that in the project setup you selelct Video for Windows NOT PAL DV or NTSC DV. With a new Video for Windows project opened you can set your FPS export rate at what you like e.g 60Fps.
Just bear in mind that when you import your existing footage you must sync the action time to the timeline playback prior to export or the animation, although playing back at 60Fps, will be too fast or too slow.

Soldato
Yup you need to make sure you have Vide for Windows selected. May i be so bold as to ask why you rendered at 60fps? That must have taken a long time!

Associate
Scam said:
Yup you need to make sure you have Vide for Windows selected. May i be so bold as to ask why you rendered at 60fps? That must have taken a long time!

im guessing for smooth playback on intended format of pc
tv = interlaced so 25interlaced frames look as smooth as 50 non interlaced

pc is progressive so 25fps looks not that great and the reason for using 60 is probably to match the 60hz used by the screen mode of a lot of games.

Soldato
binaryknight said:

pc is progressive so 25fps looks not that great and the reason for using 60 is probably to match the 60hz used by the screen mode of a lot of games.

Yeah I was thinking this as AVIs I used to make of CS, were all in 60fps.

Soldato
But if you're using non-interlaced theres really no need to go to 60fps. IMO 30p is perfectly adequate for a smooth video, regardless of where you're playing it. Would have saved a lot of rendering time as well!

Associate
binaryknight said:

Of course. The original bin must NTSC 29.97 so...60 for smooth fps on a PC

Associate
Scam said:
But if you're using non-interlaced theres really no need to go to 60fps. IMO 30p is perfectly adequate for a smooth video, regardless of where you're playing it. Would have saved a lot of rendering time as well!

this would hold more true in film because of motion blur but as games renders are clean crisp sharp images 30fps wouldnt seem that smooth, try running a game at 30fps use /com_maxfps 60 for quake 3 based engine then try 30, notice how shoddy 30 is?

Soldato
But theres a vast difference between playing a game at 30fps and watching something at 30fps. I've created a number videos (live action and a few 3d) and always outputted at 25p or 30p with no bad results. You are right about motion blur though, but thats what the option is for in Max or Combustion or whatever package he's using :)

Plus, who actually uses 60Hz on their PC? It makes my eyes bleed!

As i said, if you're encoding progressively then there's hardly any need for 60fps - all imo of course!

Back
Top Bottom