• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Changing from nvidia to ati

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
got my x1800xt, gona change to it from 6600gt

in what order do i uninstall current drivers/run drive cleaner/remove 6600gt/put in x1800xt/install new drivers (and which are best?)??

thanks

Caporegime
A2Z said:
got my x1800xt, gona change to it from 6600gt

in what order do i uninstall current drivers/run drive cleaner/remove 6600gt/put in x1800xt/install new drivers (and which are best?)??

thanks

Uninstall Nvidia drivers in windows via add/remove software in CP, turn off.
Take out 6600GT, put x1800xt in.
Boot in safe mode.
Run driver cleaner.
Restart.
Install drivers.
Restart.

Drivers wise I'm using the Omega 6.3s with ATI Tray Tools with my X1800XT because I greatly dislike CCC. ATI have the 6.4s out on their site which are fine if you don't mind CCC, and the 6.5 betas are available, but they're not quite upto scratch yet.

Soldato
Will ATI Tray Tools overclock the card when using 6.3 cats?

BTW the x1800xt is a fine card but compatibility/overclocking/fan noise etc is hell :D

Caporegime
Vegeta said:
Will ATI Tray Tools overclock the card when using 6.3 cats?

BTW the x1800xt is a fine card but compatibility/overclocking/fan noise etc is hell :D

Not sure if ATI Tray Tools can overclock these yet, I'm using the ATI Tool Beta :)

My X1800XT is nice and silently watercooled :D

Back
Top Bottom