I repaired my car myself!

POB

POB

Soldato
My Fiat Stilos done 60k now and the only thing that has gone wrong is 1 bulb.

The car computer told me which bulb it was when it failed.

But Fiat being stupid decided to place the light behind the washer fluid bottle so that had to be removed and also a few thick cable pipes.

But after about 1.5 hours and very scrapped skin its fixed!

Soldato
L0rdMike said:
I can change my bulb in a matter of seconds, I even showed a few at Silverstone how to do it. :(

Yes, but then I can change my Mondeo bulbs in seconds too, and the lights do not fall off like your Jap build quality MR2 :p

Associate
Tesla said:
Yes, but then I can change my Mondeo bulbs in seconds too, and the lights do not fall off like your Jap build quality MR2 :p

Please please tell me you have a 2.5V6! One of mine has gone in my mk2 and I want to replace them both with some Philips, but according to my Haynes I need to remove the grill and whole headlight to do this!?

Soldato
MrCake said:
Please please tell me you have a 2.5V6! One of mine has gone in my mk2 and I want to replace them both with some Philips, but according to my Haynes I need to remove the grill and whole headlight to do this!?

You CAN change the bulbs without taking off the grill, but they may not be aligned properly.

Caporegime
One of the best i've heard is the new Renault Megane, friend down the road had a headlight bulb blow, you have to jack the car up, remove the front road wheel then reach up into the arch and feel around for the bulb.

What a joke!

Soldato
MrCake said:

it can be done without removing the headlight but is much easier to do with the headlight out it's only a few screws :)

Soldato
Firestar_3x said:
One of the best i've heard is the new Renault Megane, friend down the road had a headlight bulb blow, you have to jack the car up, remove the front road wheel then reach up into the arch and feel around for the bulb.

What a joke!

If a simple job can be made difficult, you can rely on Renault to do it :D

Back
Top Bottom