thinking of going widescreen gaming, a couple of questions

Associate
i'm gonna get a tft but not sure whether to get a normal 19" or go for a 20" widescreen. i am unsure because the main use for this monitor will be gaming and after looking at the supported resolutions for the 2 games i am currently playing which are oblivion and bf2 neither support the native resolutions of these 20" ws monitors so will have to be played at lower supported resolutions unless there is a way of forcing these games to play at the native resolutions, so my questions to you gamers using these ws monitors is,

which is the best ws monitor to go for gaming regarding quality of picture and lack of ghosting but also how the monitor that you recommend deals with playing out of native res. ie does it scale down if so how much screen do you lose with black borders and is there much loss in picture quality or does it stretch the picture and again how much does this effect the quality of the picture.

any views on 19" ws monitors would be nice too :)

my budget is about £350

thanks guys

Soldato
I have a Dell 2005 widescreen TFT and Oblivion looks fabulous to me to be honest - if you like watching dvd's on your pc I wouldnt consider anything else apart from a w/s model if I were you and even if you are just gaming its definitely the way forward - you arent of course just going to be playing those two games for the whole life of the monitor after all

I would also say it depends a little on the spec of your pc, after all if you havent got a powerful graphics card ( and cpu to some extent) to drive the large number of pixels on a 20" then its a little bit of a redundant question.

Let us all know your spec and we can make a more valid reply to yoru questions

Associate
OP
sorry frankjh here are my pc specs and no i dont watch dvds on my pc

amd64 4000+
asus a8n-sli premium
powercolor x1900 xtx 512mb
2 gb corsair 3200 memory

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom