Honda CLR 125 (City Fly)

Soldato
Been offered one of these bike for £250, just as a daily commuter realy, 7 mile journey which takes about half an hour or 15 mins depending on how i drive my 205 :p

So bike is £250
and insurance is £250 ...

Im realy tempted and considering going down the bank tommorow to get some money, im 18 and i drive a Peugeot 205 1.8 TD which drinks far too much fuel due to my heavy right foot lol,

I used to ride a 50cc Gilera Runner and that was too slow,

The Honda is a T Plate, 99 Year, and has done 16k, its not in bad nick for its age and has just has new pads and seat, and new front tyre the lad im going to buy it off is a mechanic at a bike shop so he knows what he has done to it :)

Im just realy after anyone quickly reminding me of something i havnt thought of basically or a warning about this particular bike :)

Soldato
OP
Well it doesnt look like a city bike tbh., he put some dirt bike tyres on it :eek: which im definately going to change if it buy it because the back one is kinda square and when i go round a corner too low the bike cuts in very fast and feels nasty lol.

70mph will do me fine down the main road, if thats what it will do :)

Soldato
OP
It just drinks fuel lol :S

Its done something like 203638 Miles lol, thats what i put it down to :/

But then again my idea of drinking a lot of fuel is probably much different to everyone elses :p after all i did used to ride a 50cc scooter where £8 lasted two weeks :D

EDIT : Ive just remembered something, i did my cbt about 1 and half years ago and im not sure what the code is on my drivers license, any ideas ?

Soldato
OP
THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO GETTING A BIKE LICENSE

16 Year Old.

1. Apply for Licence.
2. Pass CBT (valid for 2 years).
3. Ride a 50cc with 'L' Plates.
4. Pass Practical Test. This gives you the ability to ride a 50cc without 'L' plates then, *** when you are 17 you can ride a 125cc without 'L' plates too. ***

This may be incorrect, what may happen is if you pass your test at 16 on a 50cc when you turn 17 you can ride a 125cc bike on 'L' plate indefinatly (rather than having to redo it after 2 years)

17-21 year old

1. Apply for Licence.
3. Ride a 125cc with 'L' Plates.
4. Pass theory test (valid for 2 years).
5. Pass Practical test on a 120-125cc machine capable of at least 62mph)
6. You can then ride a machine with up to 33bhp.
7. After 2 years ride any machine.

Says in the nifty ocuk guide thats its vaild for two years..

Soldato
OP
Car Licence holder, licence issued before 1st Feb 2001

1. Ride Moped
3. Ride a 125cc with 'L' Plates.
4. Pass theory test (valid for 2 years).
5. Pass practical test on a machine with more than 46.6bhp via Direct Access route.
6. Ride any machine.

OR

5a. Pass Practical test on a 120-125cc machine capable of at least 62mph)
6a. Ride a machine with up to 33bhp for 2 years.
7. Ride any machine.

Car Licence holder, licence issued after 1st Feb 2001

1. Pass CBT (valid for 2 years).
2. Ride a 125cc with 'L' Plates.
3. Pass theory test (valid for 2 years).
4. Pass practical test on a machine with more than 46.6bhp via Direct Access route.
5. Ride any machine.

OR

4a. Pass Practical test on a 120-125cc machine capable of at least 62mph)
5a. Ride a machine with up to 33bhp for 2 years.
6. Ride any machine.

Addendum

I might see if my CBT is still valid and try and get my bike theory and bike test booked :)

Soldato
TaKeN said:
Hmm dont you need lessons before the bike test ?

And im not even sure what the bike test consists of lol

I just rode my bike for 18 months... had 3-4 hours ride-out with dad and his mates to point me in the right direction and I passed with a clean sheet.

It's similar to the car test - you do 40 minutes of driving around including an emergency stop, u-turn etc. The bike test is generally accepted as easier as the examiner has to drive/ride himself, so he can only judge on the overall performance of your ride, rather than note down every little thing you do on a piece of paper. Plus you could always try to put a bus between you and him... :D

Back
Top Bottom