Shop has taken 3-4 weeks to email me to tell me item is out of stock!

Permabanned
Okay, here's the situation, I placed an order on a website for an item that was priced at 40 pounds. I initially ordered with them because I placed an order at a competitors site who said the item was out of stock, so I cancelled and reordered.

The item didn't come within 2 weeks, so I emailed asking what was up with it. Received no reply. Emailed again today(about 3-4 weeks on) and I get a very apolegetic reply admitting it was there fault and they've had problems with staff memebers. They then emailed me again so say the item is out of stock.

Do you think it is reasonable for me to request something more from them, such as a free DVD valued at about 15 pounds? And if so, how should I phrase the request?

Soldato
"Can I have compensation in FREE DVDs pollzz"

Make sure you get the pollz in, that way when they reply with will say lolzzz. If its staff issues then there wasnt much they could do, unless you are a regular/ they offered you something its unlikely they will offer you much.

Soldato
doesnt beat me, waited 4 months for a shirt i bought online, called them up a few times and they said they would email me when it came in, or within the week if it hadnt come in (whichever came first) and they never did... so i called again, same thing.

in the end i just cancelled my order, this was with the "get live shop"

Soldato
or me...waited 5 months for Debenhams to find out if they had an item in stock that they'd aready charged me for. Emailed them once a day until eventually I sent them a snotty letter recorded delivery and they wrote back saying 'sorry it was never in stock' :rolleyes:

Soldato
You can ask, but I really doubt you'll get anything. After all, they're missing out on your custom as much as you are on the product, I would be very surprised if they gave you anything for free. Better to vote with your feet and avoid them in future.

Soldato
Ordered two pair of jeans from Debenhams last year on New Year's day. 3 months later there was nothing (though they had seen fit to charge my card). After calling up they said they would send out another set which after yet another month still hadn't turned up.

In the end my dad cancelled the order for me while I was at work. Got refunded a few days later, a day after the refund the jeans from the original order turned up. Never been charged for the jeans again :D Free jeans :).

Man of Honour
Unconditional said:
Okay, here's the situation, I placed an order on a website for an item that was priced at 40 pounds. I initially ordered with them because I placed an order at a competitors site who said the item was out of stock, so I cancelled and reordered.

The item didn't come within 2 weeks, so I emailed asking what was up with it. Received no reply. Emailed again today(about 3-4 weeks on) and I get a very apolegetic reply admitting it was there fault and they've had problems with staff memebers. They then emailed me again so say the item is out of stock.

Do you think it is reasonable for me to request something more from them, such as a free DVD valued at about 15 pounds? And if so, how should I phrase the request?
They didn't take 3 - 4 weeks, you took that long to chase them up.

It is _your_ fault and your thread title is misleading.

I never assume e-mails arrive and I'll always send a second e-mail if I don't get a reply in a few days. If I care enough to make a thread about it, I'll call (though I'll let you off that one since hold queues are so annoying:p )

Soldato
Zico said:
Ordered two pair of jeans from Debenhams last year on New Year's day. 3 months later there was nothing (though they had seen fit to charge my card). After calling up they said they would send out another set which after yet another month still hadn't turned up.

In the end my dad cancelled the order for me while I was at work. Got refunded a few days later, a day after the refund the jeans from the original order turned up. Never been charged for the jeans again :D Free jeans :).

yay you beat Debenhams! :D

Back
Top Bottom