Unsilence my silencer!

Caporegime
After a month of waiting my IL Motorsport exhaust finally turned up on Monday Afternoon, seen as i like a diy challenge and i'm impatient, i had a crack at fitting it, unfortunatelly i fell at the first hurdle since the connecting flange refused to come apart, not wanting to wreck my catalyst i booked it in for fitting on Wednesday evening, took the guys 20 mins to fit and cost me £20, can't complain at that!

Aesthetically i think it looks superb and really finishes off the rear end, i think that completes the back end of my car now, only two things on my wish list are some bigger and lighter alloys and a 30mm shock and spring lowering kit.

Noise wise i'm very impressed, just what the doctor ordered, under constant load its a quiet as the standard box but while accelerating it emits a nice deep roar, it seems to be getting deeper as i put more miles on it :)

Pipe4.jpg

Pipe2.jpg

Associate
That does indeed look spot on mate!
Can't complain about getting it fitted for a cheeky twenty.
Also, agreed about the wheels, any in mind?

Sound clip? :)

Associate
Looks superb! Should have been like that from the factory! They are doing it now on the new MX though.

Also, yeah it should start to sound better the more miles you put on it. At first they are all nice and shiny inside, but that gives a tinny sound. Once it's sooted up nicely inside it will sound the dogs!

Caporegime
OP
Soldato
Looks and sounds fantastic Mark! Really really smart bit of kit!

So I'm guessing on an MR car, the cat connects straight to the exhaust backbox? No nasty losses through fancy pipework there then.

Doesn't sound loud on full throttle, yet has a very nice subtle deep sound to it! Can't wait to see/hear it at the RR :cool:

Soldato
You may be right Ben.

Damn OcUK and all the different variety of cars. :(

So to my next question... did you have the rest of the pipework changed? Or just the backbox?

Man of Honour
you sir are a total git, damn you, damn you yet again!

well you and freefaller that is, damn you all!

looks the nuts of the muts thou, and they do get damn loud, just leave the cat on it - theres a guy i know in reading that drives a decatted mrk2 jaffa cake with that zorst and while it sounds amazing its ear bleeding after a while!

andy - tis a cat back zorst, designed to go from the cat back (weirdly) so no extra pipeing over what you get in the box :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom