• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

What causes the green stuff...

Soldato
I think that might be the core? Normally when I overclock my ram too much it doesnt look like that, I get all the textures with sharp edges no chance in colour or the whole screen freezes.

Soldato
Id say it looks lie memory, but the way it works itself around the FPS counter at the bottom im also tempted to say its drivers.

Check for any overheating, lower any overclocks and maybe update your drivers. If not then its probably the card.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
OP
ok well i did auto detect overclock thing again, and it brought it down to 582/1170

ran 3dmark06 again, and NO such green stuff this time, it ran for quite a while, but then got nvidia error saying that its not receiving sufficient power...so had to lower performance level, aka crashing 3dmark06

my psu is Akasa 400W, 12v rail went down to 11.52

i thought i would need a new PSU anyway for my new x1800xt, but thought i'd try it out first and see if its ok, but as it doesnt seem to run the 6600GT...is there any point trying the x1800xt until i get a new PSU... :(

Soldato
does it do any of this at stock speeds? Forget what its saying about the psu if it doesnt bork at stock then its the overclocking and nothing else thats causing the problems.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
OP
JaFFa said:
does it do any of this at stock speeds? Forget what its saying about the psu if it doesnt bork at stock then its the overclocking and nothing else thats causing the problems.
hmm ok well i put it back to stock (300/600 i think?) and it did the 2 gfx tests fine...then it got to the cpu test....was literally getting 0fps...so i just closed it...

Soldato
the cpu test is always mega low its a boring test. IMO its the clocking that messing it up your psu should be fine for the new card.

Back
Top Bottom