patriotism overload

Soldato
I have loads of English friends but.....

But when the media / companies do stupid things like:

http://www.marsbelieve.com/

and promote it in Scotland!!!!

Arogant Ignorant! What do you want? All you are doing is giving a reason to boycot mars bars (of which there is a campaign is Scotland). I will be glad when this media extravaganza is over and Wayne Rooney is sent home for interfering with old hamsters.

Bah...I am grumpy tonight!

Man of Honour
weescott said:

Arogant Ignorant! What do you want? All you are doing is giving a reason to boycot mars bars (of which there is a campaign is Scotland). I will be glad when this media extravaganza is over and Wayne Rooney is sent home for interfering with old hamsters.

Why do the Scots hate the English so?

Is it because deep down you know we don't care that you dress funny and pleay loud weird music, yet you simply want to get noticed? :p :D

Soldato
weescott said:

i get the same thing... tbh i'm sick and tired of having England shoved down my throat :-/ (i'm welsh btw)

what i can't understand is how all the welsh kids support england, wear england kits etc... and yet hardly anybody seems to be bothered with wales... unless its rugby of course :confused:

its annoying as well when you get american shows refering to the UK as England... "and now over to our british correspondent in Glasgow, England"... wtf!?

Soldato
Beansprout said:
Why do the Scots hate the English so?

Is it because deep down you know we don't care that you dress funny and pleay loud weird music, yet you simply want to get noticed? :p :D

giggle.gif

Nix

Nix

Soldato
nikebee said:

TBH There isn't much in Wales to write home about, so why is it worth such a huge mention? What have Wales ever done to establish themselves internationally? Nothing.

England > Wales.

Get over it.

Why do people have to be so patriotic all the time in the UK? We're all the same! We share the same island(s) for goodness sake!

England + Scotland + Wales + NI and to a lesser extent even Ireland = The UK.

When push comes to shove, we have eachother. There really is no need for this division. I'd consider a Scotsman etc as much as a fellow countryman as someone from my own county. Stop making big issues out of nothing.

Soldato
Patriotism overload??

Putting a Poundland car flag on your vehicle because we send a team of people over to another country to kick a ball around (not even very well either) is not my idea of being a patriot.

It's a damn shame that's what we think being a patriot is these days.

Associate
Nix said:
TBH There isn't much in Wales to write home about, so why is it worth such a huge mention? What have Wales ever done to establish themselves internationally? Nothing.

England > Wales.

Get over it.
Er...provided a lot of coal, iron and labour that fuelled the industrial revolution and made us collectively great?!

Scotland have produced Adam Smith, arguably the most influential economist ever.

Ireland has produced...potatoes. Okay, I can't think off the top of my head but don't be so ignorant.

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Oliver said:
Er...provided a lot of coal, iron and labour that fuelled the industrial revolution and made us collectively great?!

Scotland have produced Adam Smith, arguably the most influential economist ever.

Ireland has produced...potatoes. Okay, I can't think off the top of my head but don't be so ignorant.

Strange. I thought it was the colonialism and expansion in trade across the atlantic (including Europe) that ultimately triggered the industrial revolution...

You're right... we are great collectively, which was my point in my previous post.

Back
Top Bottom