New Sony Ericsson Phones

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
W950 is the one I'm looking forward to most :)

Touch screen goodness, hand writing recognition and 4gb of flash memory :D
Only downside for me is no camera but I'll live with it.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Brum Man said:
Are you able to browse the phone without the touchscreen as I cant see any navi keys?
Under the specification it says it has navigation keys so would have thought so.
Not seen one in the flesh yet as I missed seeing the SE rep when he was in work last :(

Soldato
Haly said:
W950 is the one I'm looking forward to most :)

Touch screen goodness, hand writing recognition and 4gb of flash memory :D
Only downside for me is no camera but I'll live with it.

Is it going to have 3G and wifi? Because they would be the two main things missing of my list.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Spamalot said:
Is it going to have 3G and wifi? Because they would be the two main things missing of my list.
It's got 3G.
Read the link ;) has all the specs on there.

Associate
850 looks cool, glad to see its black - orange and white looks **** imo

anyone notice

Possible limited market availability.

the 950i is cool too, though perhaps a bit big for my liking, but nice for those who want something with all the gubbins. actually having looked at it in closer detail, it seems a really really good phone.

mystic purple in that, hmm?

Soldato
Not really like the bottom part of the 850i...doesn't look right IMO. Although the white version redeems it somewhat, looks very nice :)

Does anyone else here think Sony are milking this 'Walkman' branding a tad? I mean look at the Z and W 710i...pretty much exactly the same apart from the different casing and probably Walkman software.

The W800i not a lot different from K750i apart from bigger memory stick, Walkman software/button and white? The W700i is even more similar to the W800i...only difference being it's gold and has a 256Mb stick as opposed to 512Mb!

I don't think the W810i is much of an upgrade from the W800i either...it's got a nicer screen, different keypad layout and it's black..although I think it comes with a 1Gb stick.

The only Walkman phone that looks worthwhile is the W950i, with all the features under the sun it looks tasty.

The Walkman software is pretty decent though and makes playing music very easy, got to give it that. Sony must be doing something right, I see so many W800i's these days!

Not having a go at anyone :)

t3h :cool:

Soldato
This hasn't helped things at all! I've been looking of a 3G phone for internet for ages and had my heart set on the Vario 2. But the W950 is smaller, lighter and just as good, with the exeption of wifi, but then with 3G who needs wifi. I've know about this phone for ages but have just dismised it, but at closer inspection that might be the one.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Spamalot said:
This hasn't helped things at all! I've been looking of a 3G phone for internet for ages and had my heart set on the Vario 2. But the W950 is smaller, lighter and just as good, with the exeption of wifi, but then with 3G who needs wifi. I've know about this phone for ages but have just dismised it, but at closer inspection that might be the one.
I've been tempted by something like the vario 2 for a while but w950 looks like my kind of thing and I like SE phones, so going to go for that once it comes out. Just hoping the rep has one for us to look at in a couple of weeks time :D

Soldato
Haly said:
I've been tempted by something like the vario 2 for a while but w950 looks like my kind of thing and I like SE phones, so going to go for that once it comes out. Just hoping the rep has one for us to look at in a couple of weeks time :D

Well would like some pictures if you can get some. Any ideas on tariffs/prices yet? Was hoping for t-mobile W'n'W. Any idea what t-mobile coverage around uni is like?

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Spamalot said:
Well would like some pictures if you can get some. Any ideas on tariffs/prices yet? Was hoping for t-mobile W'n'W. Any idea what t-mobile coverage around uni is like?
Won't have any price details for a good few months, we don't really get those till just before the phone comes out.
Not had problems with T-Mobile at Uni, besides in a few lecture theatres that no one I know can get a very good signal in (i.e. James Callaghan building).

Caporegime
Hmmm nice phones but i already have the W810 which im happy with, might pick up the k800 when it comes out and flog the w810. The 850 looks like a nice phone, might pick up one of those when they come out...hopefully much better than the crap nokia slide phones.

But saying that the only SE phone im currently drooling over at the moment is the P990i, hopefully by june/july i shall have mine. Was considering the W950 but dont really think that highly of it, plus the styling of it kinda puts me off tbh.

P990i is where its at for me...3g..touch screen, hand writing recognition and a 2mp camera to boot...:D:D...oops lets not forget the built in WIFI as well :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom