Case / Ventilation Help !

Associate
hi dudes, my first post in the case bit :)

i need a new case for my new setup and am worried about heat, because my current setup is pants due to heat......

so i've decided between

Lian-Li PC-7 PLUS Black Aluminium

or

Enermax CS-527 Case Black

partially because they are quite cheap. I am thinking of going for the enermax, because i like the look of it. My question however, to you boffins is, is this a good case, does it ventilate well, and what fans should i use/how do i ventilate it well enough? if not then should i get the lian-li - though i dont like the look of it as much :p

gonna be using

athlon x2 3800
2x 1gb geil value
x1800xt
asrock dual sata

thanks in advance :D

Soldato
It is the best case around for the money, the PC7+, built very well and able to run a 7900gtx SLI system, or at least I think it is what flanno is putting in his.

PC7+ with 2x 120mm Akasa Amber fans is just about the best value combo going in cases at any price. Good cooling, great build quality for the price range it is in. The PC7+ competes with £200 cases, although losing out it is close pegging and for £60 to your door it makes it stunning value!

The enermax is a ok case, nothing terrible about it at all. Just the case you have put up against it is excellent! Either case will serve you well but the Lian Li wins overall and in the value for money stakes for me.

The Antec Super Lanboy is also one for consideration as it is also great value for money at £35 new!

Soldato
The location of your pc is a critical as the amount of ventilation in your case. Mine is posititon in a darkened cool corner, and thus can have every fan on ultra low. Lian Li are good cases, choose them i would ;)

Soldato
I have never really thought about the location of my main rig, just in the corner in the shade so nothing wrong with it.

Never thought about that, I feel the urge to see if a black case runs hotter outside on a hot day than inside on the same day. :D

Soldato
Antec Super Lanboy = £35.

That is as close as anything gets to the value that the PC7+ represents. Not as good a case but the reduced price makes up for it, it is the cost of a PC game!

Associate
Yewen said:
Never thought about that, I feel the urge to see if a black case runs hotter outside on a hot day than inside on the same day. :D

I theory silver cases should run hotter than black cases. I'm not talking here about the heat absorbed from outside but the heat absorbed from the inside. Your room temperature is always going to be lower than that inside the case so the heat will always move from inside the case to the outside (as long as you do not have direct sunlight on the case). Black colour absorbes heat better than silver colour (hence the radiator wall reflectors are silver) and it should help in better transfer of heat through the case to the outside. At least that my theory and i'm sure it does not make any significant difference :p

Soldato
Day03 said:
I theory silver cases should run hotter than black cases. I'm not talking here about the heat absorbed from outside but the heat absorbed from the inside. Your room temperature is always going to be lower than that inside the case so the heat will always move from inside the case to the outside (as long as you do not have direct sunlight on the case). Black colour absorbes heat better than silver colour (hence the radiator wall reflectors are silver) and it should help in better transfer of heat through the case to the outside. At least that my theory and i'm sure it does not make any significant difference :p

And you see Yewen, that why BLACK cases are better than silver ones! :p :D

Soldato
Hahaha!

Conduct 10 scientific surveys and get them published in a tabloid, THEN I will produce a counter argument of such unproveable nature as that is why Black beats Silver. :p

Associate
Yewen said:
Hahaha!

Conduct 10 scientific surveys and get them published in a tabloid, THEN I will produce a counter argument of such unproveable nature as that is why Black beats Silver. :p

You're regretting now that you got a silver v1000 instead of the black one :p

Soldato
Nope! Not on both ocassions at all!

Black S80 though, but getting a silver one may be a good idea as I have a feeling they may be rare.

Soldato
The PC-K60B also looks pretty decent. Its got the sideways mounted hardrives that I like. The server is a silent download server, so the G50 would suffice I recon. :)

Edit; And looking on the Lian-li site, there is also the G7 to throw in the mix, which looks like a cross between the G50 and the G70.

Associate
Yewen said:
Hahaha!

hehe well of course the counter argument is that black PC's are often SILVER inside ( well grey ) so in fact the internal heat is reflected the same as for a silver case... then external heat is absorbed by the black exterior and heats the case, but reflected by the silver.. so

SILVERS BETTER

:p

Back
Top Bottom