Building a wrestling ring

Associate
As I shall be moving into a new house next year with a nice garden and the such, me and a few mates decided to come up with a few ideas for party peices. We then came across the idea for a wrestling ring, which could then be transformed into a stage among other things.

Endless fun in the summer.

Does anyone have any experience in making one? or know any sites with free plans? Im thinking of a basic frame using solid wooden posts which will then have matresses sandwiched between it and another layer of wood. Havent decided on ropes yet.

Soldato
I can see the thread now
"My mate has got a bit of two by four sticking through his leg from where the ring collapsed. What should we do? This isn't a medical thread btw"

Soldato
Superdude said:
As I shall be moving into a new house next year with a nice garden and the such, me and a few mates decided to come up with a few ideas for party peices. We then came across the idea for a wrestling ring, which could then be transformed into a stage among other things.

Does anyone have any experience in making one? or know any sites with free plans? Im thinking of a basic frame using solid wooden posts which will then have matresses sandwiched between it and another layer of wood. Havent decided on ropes yet.

It wouldn't be a wrestling ring without ropes. ;)

I've made one before with my cousin and his mates, I'll see if I can find where we got the blueprints from.

Associate
OP
crunchman said:
It wouldn't be a wrestling ring without ropes. ;)

I've made one before with my cousin and his mates, I'll see if I can find where we got the blueprints from.

Na, I've not decided how to do the ropes yet. Attachable/detachable or for show. I see the Ring of Honour sig, very nice. I was going to go to 1PW next week but I can't get up to doncaster with current funds. Bit of a TNA fan you see.

Mic said:
And a wrestling ring wont??

Not as noisy :D

Soldato
Superdude said:
Na, I've not decided how to do the ropes yet. Attachable/detachable or for show. I see the Ring of Honour sig, very nice. I was going to go to 1PW next week but I can't get up to doncaster with current funds. Bit of a TNA fan you see.

lol, you're the first person who realised what the sig was. :D

I've emailed my cousin for the link, our ring broke within eight days...probably had something to do with the fact there was 20+ guys in the ring. :p

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Buy a ring off ebay...

.....oh WRESTLING...

I saw "men" "ring" and assumed the worst :o

Permabanned
9f_1_b.JPG

you can buy it on ebay :p http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Steel-Wrestli...ryZ36306QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Soldato
All this nonsense...

weve already got some of our garden necessities purchased

swimming pool and hosepipe... fortunately here in Soton there is no hosepipe ban and water levels are normal lets hope that lasts till we move in

Soldato
Superdude said:

backyard wrestling for the lose... if thats what your planning on doing...

it ends up in tradgedy 9 times out of 10... with people attempting moves that are at least 10 times out of their ability level.

okay your probably not planning on anything major and just a quick muck about every now and then, but the point is still there... don't try anything "cool" because if it goes wrong, it goes horribly wrong... been there, done that... got a few scars to show for it too :-/

Soldato
Great, you can have a crowd and a commentator shouting GOLDBERG IS HERE!!! and then King can say I cant believe it JR!! Then you can do the hulk hogan thing, omg im so excited!!!

Associate
OP
nikebee said:
backyard wrestling for the lose... if thats what your planning on doing...

it ends up in tradgedy 9 times out of 10... with people attempting moves that are at least 10 times out of their ability level.

okay your probably not planning on anything major and just a quick muck about every now and then, but the point is still there... don't try anything "cool" because if it goes wrong, it goes horribly wrong... been there, done that... got a few scars to show for it too :-/

Nothing like that mate, we are mainly going to use it as a stage anyway.

Untill we find a ladder :p

Back
Top Bottom