A good PSP deal?

Associate
I'm looking to get a PSP for my holiday for something do do while the missus reads her book by the pool.

I've seen a Giga Pack with 'Fired Up', 'World Tour Soccer', 'Virtua Tennis World Tour' and 'Lumines' for £226 online.

So, to my questions.

What are these games worth as i dont really fancy them?

Are there any 'must have' games?
and
What can I do with my 1GB card? Rip Lost or 24 to it for the long flight?

EDIT: also can it be used as a tom tom type device?

Cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
Must have games:

GTA Liberty City Stories - excellent game in both sp and multiplayer and will last you a long time especially if you want to 100% finish it.

Daxter - Best platformer and graphics on the system imo, quality game.

Socom - better for online games really but an addictive game and I've noticed no lag, aint touched the single player mode so can't comment on that.

Hope this helps! :)

Associate
Of the games in the package only virtua tennis and lumines are worth while. You might be better off getting a cheap base pack (£140?) and a 1Gb card for £40.

Best games are GTA, Wipeout Pure, Ridge Racer and Syphon Filter (import) imo.

PES5 is much better than world tour soccer. Loads of games are under £20 if you shop around, have a look at the cheap psp games thread on avforums.com

Associate
You would need to import it, but Syphon Filter Dark Mirror, is an excellent little stealth game, and as the psp is region free for games it would be rude not too. World tour soccer isn't that bad, sure it's no pro evo, but it works well enough for what it is.

If you can get hold of a copy of pspvideo 9 then you can convert any movies or episodes of your favourite shows to watch from the mem card.

Associate
OP
Davinnicus said:
You would need to import it, but Syphon Filter Dark Mirror, is an excellent little stealth game, and as the psp is region free for games it would be rude not too. World tour soccer isn't that bad, sure it's no pro evo, but it works well enough for what it is.

If you can get hold of a copy of pspvideo 9 then you can convert any movies or episodes of your favourite shows to watch from the mem card.

Its region free? awesome!

I've just been playing with a video converter for the psp, it kicks out excellent files but they seem a little big. From a 35 meg .rm to 185 meg at high quality video and sound.

R^T

R^T

Associate
Hey dude.

I recently bough one.

I got PSP (2nd hand) from a shop Ican't name for £120
then persuit force for £15 (get this game, so much fun for just a quick blast here and there)
pro evo £20 (It's Pro Evo on the go GET IT)
and just got my 1gb memory card for £40
and then I got 3 movies for £20.

It's an awsome bit of kit and it's top for bus journeys or going on holiday.

EMail me if you want anymore info.

Hope this helps.

Luke

Associate
I love lumines, if you like tetris or similar games, that's a lot of fun.

The other two I like are NFS:Underground (although the police cars cheat really obviously which is annoying) and EXIT (another puzzle game).

Back
Top Bottom