Epson Stlyus Photo 830 problem.

Associate
Hey,

My mum owns a Epson Stlyus Photo 830, the problem began occouring a while ago but we just lived with it. She doesnt use the printer often, only for occasional word documents and photos.

Anyway, the printing used to come out bad, cracked up etc. Missing bits, we used to do the epson cleaning bit and it fixed it everytime but its come to the point now where it wont fix and it prints nothing on the page.

Help apprechiated.

Thanks,

Dave

Soldato
They do make a cleaning cartridge for that model (google for it)
It may work.
I freed a 660 up by dropping water into where the ink from the cartrige goes, but take care.

By the way, lots of cleaning cycles like you have been doing gobbles up ink!
Make sure it's not empty.

Soldato
I had the same problem with mine, it started taking more and more cleaning cycles to get it working again then last week even after 10 cleaning cycles it still wasn't printing properly.

AFAIK there is a waste ink catching tray for when you do the cleaning cycle. I think on mine that was overflowing as I had ink dribbling out of it from somewhere :o

Soldato
Nothing worse than a blocked epson if your cartridges are about a quater full, as by the time you get it clean it will prolly be out of ink :(

Soldato
split said:
Nothing worse than a blocked epson if your cartridges are about a quater full, as by the time you get it clean it will prolly be out of ink :(
Yeah it did tend to do that :o

To be fair it either got a hammering or wasn't used for months on end and it did see me through Uni (1000's of pages printed over the 4 years). Ended up binning it but I will miss the 99p cartridges (which I've still got 5 of) :(

Soldato
Ended up binning it but I will miss the 99p cartridges

Agreed that is one of the downsided of newer printers.
All this chipping means they never gonna be really cheap.

I have the same prob with an Epson C84, and I understand canon are doing it now :(

Back
Top Bottom