Ooooh S2000 fun

Soldato
Took my chum out for a blast in the old m3 today which was most fun (apologies to the clio on the sliproad onto the a27, didn't know your car was so wide you needed both lanes, lucky I didn't mind the rumble strip at 90mph don't aye :p)

In turn he took me out in his s2000, carbon fibre hood F&R strut braces and lower cross braces, racing shocks, imported racing mani to tail exhaust no cat and some lightweight three piece rims (a few engin mods but new ecu with much vtec fiddling coming soon).

Such a different car to the M being some 500+ kg lighter even with a power defercit it was AWSOME, the noise of the exhaust (about 105+db, has fun on track days lol) was incredible if a little OTT for me. He is a bit of a drift miester having done many drift days etc so had some nice almost unremarkable roundabout moments due to the ease he did them with.

Even flicked the old DSC off due to the nice weather to get a feel for the new car as I enjoyed getting the bum out on the e36 m3, even with more power and alower ratio bos the e46 is harder to break traction with due to stupid grip levels compared to the e36. But I managed ;)

Really got me going again for doing more things to my car.

Having sorted the pagid blue pads, goodridge hoses and some 5.1 fluid I have decided that tomorrow I will be purchasing the Miltek 100 cell racing cats and catback system. This will kill the annoying M3 exhaust rattle and give a bit more power along with a decent exhaust note, at 98db it is loud enough and trackday friendly.

Once I have that the Thorny Motorsport remap will be booked :)

yay

not even thinking about cost at the moment :p

Soldato
Steve said:
For a second I was gonna ask to swap, but the M3 is so more civilised and prettier, an at 8000 rpm limited not far off the 9k of the s2000

Also it wasn't in the colour of human waste (and you know how I like that) :p

Mm, human waste :D

Have you considered getting a respray? You might actually recoup a good chunk of the cost when it comes to resale.

Soldato
OP
NickXX said:
Mm, human waste :D

Have you considered getting a respray? You might actually recoup a good chunk of the cost when it comes to resale.

Saddly enough dealers will try and knock 1k off on part exs for Phenoix Yellow M3s

They are pretty sort after by people who want them (strange that) but after reading many m3 forums it appears that he poor sales is due to wives threatening divorces if there hubby gets one in that colour.

It I more popular than it seems ;)

Soldato
Marmite the S2K. Personally I love em. Seen a few vids of the yanks SC'd S2K's - stupidly stupidly quick.

I never really had them down as decent drift machines - the chasis is an absolute work of art but you do need to work hard on the car's setup to eliminate the snap oversteer. Before that happens though there is a lot of mechanical grip.

Drivers car through and through.

WG will be here any moment to urinate on the thread. :p

:)

Soldato
Ummm, clearly I've missed a thread - you've changed your car.

When did that happen? I saw a thread about you thinking about it then nothing after that. Anyway, show me the pics... :)

Soldato
The torque can be solved by changing gear too. ;)

K-Pro is a real must on modern vtec's, kills off the nasty pre vtec dip & dropping vtec to 4k or whatever gives the car so a nice mid range. Have to admit it was a little frustrating having vtec @ 6k, I couldnt go back to that now.

BTW - That silver CTR we saw at Donny was actually supercharged with Toda Race cams too. It's devastatingly fast. No idea why it was cruising around because it's actually stoopidly quick. It was in action last week or the week before and upset an FQ400 on the straights.

Soldato
Jonnycoupe said:
Maybe he has noise issues like you J?

BTW you going JapFest?

Must have - was totally cruising. Anyway, funny how it looked pretty normal really - few stickers here and there, some interior missing and plodded round the track an OAP, truth of the car though is it's downright supersonic.

Nope, next outing is RR day, then going to hit the track in August, probably on semi slicks. :eek:

Soldato
K20 forged internals, Cams, Supercharger.

This is the silver one with blue decals. I dont think it was in our pack - that CTR in our group was a different one - I think it was being driven by a girl, not entirely sure but it was irritatingly slow.

Associate
Steve said:
He is a bit of a drift miester having done many drift days etc so had some nice almost unremarkable roundabout moments due to the ease he did them with.

Hehe, more fun to be had in the M3 though - it's a better drift-bitch than the S2000, infact the M3 is perfect for it.

E46 M3 or CSL + wet + roundabouts = dribble time :D Choose the number of revolutions and keep it going........

Just watch for the other peeps and feds.

Back
Top Bottom