What do I get now? This will be WS number 3

Caporegime
Hi After purchasing A viewsonic VX2025 and suffering blacklight bleed problems on 3 replacements I have decided to give up and request a refund.

But I'm SCARED!

Dont want the hassle of returning a monitor again.And I was tempted to just give up and go back to my 17" Iiyama ProLite.

However I dont think I can go back to a standard screen again,NOt after going widescreen.

So where do I go from here?

THe nec? BENQ do any of these suffer this problem?

L33

L33

Permabanned
Dell 2405FPW? No backlight problems, and it does not have the problems that the new 2407's have with blurring on text and colour banding. I was going to go for the 2407 but after reading lots of bad reports I decided to go for the tried and tested 2405. Mine is coming for delivery today! :D

L33

L33

Permabanned
True, but newer != better.
I prefer my old viewsonic VX912B over any other 'new' 19" TFT that I've tried, including other viewsonic screens (VX924, VX922). I guess its personal preference but i've never noticed any ghosting when testing BF2 on the 2405.
The vx2025 being a good example, from the pictures in the other thread that backlight bleed is horrendous and this is a fairly new panel!

Soldato
I am a gamer and I use a 2405 with no problems. I am not a hardcore FPS type though. If you are dead set against going LCD, there are widescreen CRT monitors available, although I am not sure if they are in production anymore, so ebay may be your only option.

Oh, and purchase several lengths of good quality steel to strengthen your desk :D

L33

L33

Permabanned
I wouldn't call myself a hardcore gamer, but I play CS:Source and BF2 quite competitively and after testing a friends 2405 I could not fault it. No LCD on the market today will rival a CRT for the hardcore gamer but i'd much prefer a TFT. I dont want to be lugging a 22"+ CRT to lan parties :) There are also few monitors to rival the 2405's extras, component/s-video & composite inputs, picture-in-picture, USB hub, inbuilt card reader, portrait rotate, massive height & angle adjustment range, great contrast and brightness and it is a bargain price compared to similar sized apple monitors with an inferior panel and much less features. It makes no difference to me whether the panel is 10 years or 10 days old in terms of technology, in my opinion it is a fantastic screen and at a price that is tough to beat.
My viewsonic VX912B was the best TFT monitor I've owned upto now, this blows it out of the water in terms of image quality in my non-expert opinion.

Associate
Did you consider the Acer AL2051WS ? It's based on the same panel as ViewSonic VX2025, but additionally you have the CrystalBrite and it's maybe better looking (at least for me). If you can stretch the budget a bit, NEC 20WGX2 is really excellent choice, no doubt.

Back
Top Bottom