Insurance replacement options for my P910i

daz

daz

Soldato
Unfortunately I was mugged on Monday evening, so I need a replacement phone via my insurance. Because the P910i is discontinued, O2 have offered the following replacements so far: XDA Mini S, Nokia 9300i, Nokia N70. I do use email on my phone quite a bit, so the Mini S and the 9300i appear to fit the bill nicely.

Are there any other phones I should ask about, or any things in particular I should know about the XDA Mini S or the 9300i?

Soldato
If you had the P910i before I would say go for the 9300i because there are both symbian handsets. The 9300i is also a better phone like the P910i, so is better in that way too. The 9300i is a very under rated phone imo, and is also very small.

Eddie

daz

daz

Soldato
OP
I've gone for the 9300i in the end, for the simple reason i think it will be a better "phone". I like the Windows Mobile OS, but I wouldn't like to have to get the stylus out to do anything with the phone (enter a new number etc). :)

Here's hoping I can copy across all my phone numbers from my backup of my P910i on my PC. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
daz said:
I've gone for the 9300i in the end, for the simple reason i think it will be a better "phone". I like the Windows Mobile OS, but I wouldn't like to have to get the stylus out to do anything with the phone (enter a new number etc). :)

Here's hoping I can copy across all my phone numbers from my backup of my P910i on my PC. :)

nice one. Very under rated phone. if you like the P910i you will like the 9300i more. Just have to wait for the P990i now.

Soldato
daz said:

Nice one. Very under rated phone. if you like the P910i you will like the 9300i more. Just have to wait for the P990i now.

Soldato
This is very interesting...........my P910i which I have had since November is on the blink. It wont charge properly, it has cracked all the way down the flip front (through no excessive treatment) and will constantly reset itself. In the event of them not being able to fix it would they offer me the same as you? I have O2 gold insurance. I would be worried though that I wouldnt be able to upgrade if I got a new phone.

Soldato
panthro said:
This is very interesting...........my P910i which I have had since November is on the blink. It wont charge properly, it has cracked all the way down the flip front (through no excessive treatment) and will constantly reset itself. In the event of them not being able to fix it would they offer me the same as you? I have O2 gold insurance. I would be worried though that I wouldnt be able to upgrade if I got a new phone.

insurance is insurance, its got nothing to do with your contract. You will still be able to get your up grade in November. And they might not give you your phonr back but a recoditioned one.

Back
Top Bottom