Best way to overclock an FX60

Soldato
My FX60 from OcUK wouldn't go any further than 3ghz on a Vapochill LS, can't even get 2.8 out of it on air, have one really bad core and one which I was never able to find the limits of, 3.4ghz and climbing it was prime stable for 20 hours.

Associate
Mine's running @ 3GHZ with 250x12 and 1.375V(+100MV). That's on water.

It might go higher but although I was going to try, I haven't got round to it yet (too busy gaming :p)

I posted all my settings here.
I'm pretty much a noob as far as cpu overclocking goes as this is the first chip I've tried it with, so it's quite possible I've got something wrong in that lot, but hey; it's prime stable and more importantly doesn't crash in intense games anymore - which imho are a better test of stability because it was prime stable while games were still crashing, until I put a little overvoltage on it.

Associate
jemz said:
hmm mine can do [email protected] on asus but needs 1.6v for stable @ 3.4ghz
on my DFI was stable @3450ghz @ 1.68v

for 3ghz on air think i could use 1.3v somethime like that

Shows how far off the voltages are on boards. Did you check them with a multimetre at all? Could get 2.95ghz stable on mine on air at 1.5v but was only 1.4 for 2.85ghz. Temps were hitting 50 load though with a ninja and no ihs so that was prob. Water almost built now if royal mail ever turn up. Got it up and running with a 120.2 rad and a single core cpu in at 1.3v and it was idleing at 15 compared to air at 25 with same cpu. Temp sensor obviosuly wrong as room temp is 15.

Back
Top Bottom