• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

oem 3700s for £111, got to be bargain

Associate
Just been browsing through this week's bargains and Oem 3700s venus core with 1mb cache are £111inc vat. That is a decent price drop, wish I had a ton spare and I would have snapped one of these up to replace my aging Winnie that doesn't like to go over 2200mhz with any volts.
Mate of mine got a retail boxed one a couple of weeks ago and he got a 0605 one.

Gibbo, any chance of some stepping information on these little bargains, if you get chance to mosey over to the warehouse?

Rob H

Associate
OP
They are now Venus cores, san diegos have been replaced by the newer Venus core (not to be confused with Venice core). They still have the 1mb cache, if you run the latest version of cpuZ on the newest 3700s it shows up the Venus core label correctly. The Opteron 144, 146 etc are now also Venus cores.

Rob H

Soldato
Yeah very tempting this deal, not sure when my new Shuttle arrives so just need to get a CPU and sell on my other gear. Not sure how much I want to push the outlay of £££

Soldato
I just noticed them anyone that wants a good cpu to tide them over while they wait for Intels and AMDs new cpus this for you. To think not long ago I paid £108 for my retail 3200. Anyone that turns their nose up at that deal is a complete idiotic plonka thats just hit their head ......twice. :D

Caporegime
Last edited:
Associate
So these things won't overclock any better than the San Deigo's then.
Was kinda hopeing they where new cores that would overclock even better.

Caporegime
Sin-Tex said:
So these things won't overclock any better than the San Deigo's then.
Was kinda hopeing they where new cores that would overclock even better.

They're just normal San Diegos, they will still probably hit above 2.6 though, nearly all SDs do that now.

k3v

k3v

Associate
I'm tempted by one, will it be packaged so it will fit tnrough letter Box, as I won't be in and I'm a first time buyer on here so It has to Be delivered to my home address

Mul

Mul

Associate
afraid not. I doubt they'd just put the cpu through the letter box either. It'd require a signature.

Mul

Back
Top Bottom