London by night

Associate
Spent this evening wondering along the South Bank taking some pictures:

C&C welcome

1. Palace of Westminster
IMG_1846.jpg

2. Clock tower at Palace of Westminster (aka Big Ben)
IMG_1847.jpg

3. London Eye
IMG_1851.jpg

4. Palace of Westminster (again)
IMG_1855.jpg

Associate
OP
5. London Eye from Golden Jubilee bridge
IMG_1856.jpg

6. St. Paul's Cathedral
IMG_1857.jpg

7. St. Paul's Cathedral & Millennium Bridge
IMG_1866.jpg

8. Looking along Millennium Bridge
IMG_1869.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
OP
E1mo & Sleepyd - I have corrected 1 and 6 for wonky horizons, but I think the others are fine in this respect? (I aligned the crop tool in Photoshop to lines that should be vertical and horizontal and it seems fine)

Joe T said:
I was there tonight too! My mate took almost exactly the same pictures (well, some of them anyway!).

They are reasonably good mate.

Thanks, mate. I saw quite a few photographers there tonight! A group of four or five chaps with SLRs and tripods near the Tate Modern and a few others outside the National Theatre, and a few on Waterloo bridge

Associate
Nice set, as said some don't appear to be level. Although, some of mine are never level when i shot them anyways! The first and second ones appear to be alittle tightly framed. Could be me tho.

cyKey said:
So, who's up for a London night shoot meet? :D Cool shots. No.2 seems to be a bit wonky too. I bet most of the photographers were there on whale duty.

Tempering Phoenix_Cosmos and I was saying the other day about shooting in London at night..

mmm... 10mm'ness :p

Permabanned
I'd be up for a london "night2 shoot - but i'm up in cykeys part of the world these days (well almost) and hence its a bit of a trek but i'm sure i could make it.

Associate
OP
cyKey said:
No.2 seems to be a bit wonky too.

Corrected (I think - it seemed to be all of about 0.25 of a degree out!). Hit Ctrl-F5 to refresh.

Matt Harper said:
The first and second ones appear to be alittle tightly framed.
Unfortunately, there was a ruddy great crane on a barge just out of frame on the left of shot 1.

Associate
OP
hoodmeister said:
I really like the composition of shot no. 3 :D

edit : what tripod are you using?

Thanks, but the shot idea was shamelessly stolen from Practical Photography. I'm using a Manfrotto 190Pro B with 484RC2 head. Surprisingly, even though I had the tripod up for over 5 minutes for a few shots at the London Eye, the tripod police didn't give me any hassle (must have been during their tea break...)

Associate
I like thos shots mate. Part from the slope, that has been mentioned already, you seem to have a good eye for a shot.

I would be up for a london meet, but i have exams atm, and getting there and back would have to be a train journey for me. plus i dont really know london that well. :(

Associate
OP
Seriously, which shots still have a slope? I thought that I had corrected them all (Ctrl-F5 if you haven't already). Maybe I'm blind. Could one of you please Photoshop the shots and show me the difference. I can't see it!!!

Associate
Slime101 said:
I'd be up for a london "night2 shoot - but i'm up in cykeys part of the world these days (well almost) and hence its a bit of a trek but i'm sure i could make it.

£25 return-ish on the train if you book a few weeks in advance :) It's only the earliest and latest trains though so could get a whole day of shooting, a couple of hours at night then head home! Been thinking about doing it myself sometime soon.

Back
Top Bottom