Screen Dust

Soldato
I have had my Sony Ericsson w800i since October and recently there has been a lot of dust on my screen and it makes viewing annoying

I have no idea how to take the screen cover off this phone so I can not remove it?

Would a phone shop be able to do this for a small price or can it be done at home

phonedust.jpg

Suspended
My K750i is over a year old now and I will be getting a new phone. So I decided to try and fix the joystick on it basicly. And the screen was like yours. I only store mine in my pocket.

Now as the K750i is the basis for a lot of Sonys phones I'll tell you how I took the cover off mine.

Take the battery cover off and remove the battery. At the 2 bottom corners of the phone there are 2 torx (the right word!?) screws. Size 6 or something very close.

Undo these as they are the only screws holding the cover on. The rest are clips. There are 2 clips on each side and one and the top middle. I levered the bottom up and then ran a screw driver around from there un-clipping/ attaching the clips. There is no visable damage on the phonebar a scratch at the bottom above the quick port thing where I first levered the phone up. But mine is due to be replaced this month and I had nothing to loose.

That will take the case off and then you can go about cleaning the screen/ joystick, keyboard or what ever you want to do. Then the front just clips and screws back on.

up tpo you if you do it or not but thats the rap.

Soldato
OP
I only store it in my pocket it all of a sudden appeared, that’s for the description Rednut05 I’ll get my self a T6 TORX SCREW DRIVER. I lost the orange rubber thing on my joy stick, might order a new one while I’m at it

Thanks again

Suspended
I say size 6. But I have a multi tool that goes as low as 7 and that doesn't fit but it looks like it should so i'm guessing at 6 but I haven't got 6 or lower to try them out.

Back
Top Bottom