Sony MDR-EX71SLB Fontopia Headphones?

Man of Honour
ive got some of these never had any trouble with the cable so im not sure what ya mean?? there pretty good... the creative EP 630's are cheaper and perform just as well to be honest

Man of Honour
bloodline76 said:
Well in a certain onilne shop there are loads of complaints about the wire stripping away, so just wondering.

ah k well i have not had a problem but if there fixing it then i recommend them, or the creatives or as u said in another thread the senheisers which are the same as the creatives

Soldato
ichabod crane said:
ive got some of these never had any trouble with the cable so im not sure what ya mean?? there pretty good... the creative EP 630's are cheaper and perform just as well to be honest

The wire drops to peaces

Soldato
ichabod crane said:
ah k well i have not had a problem but if there fixing it then i recommend them, or the creatives or as u said in another thread the senheisers which are the same as the creatives
Yep the Senns/Creatives/Sharp MD-33s are the same drivers, only difference I know (apart from maybe the wire/driver quality) is that the Sharps have a neck chain and the Creatives have a Y neck. not sure about the sennheisers though.

Soldato
bloodline76 said:
Has any had any of these before? I heard that they have replaced the wire which is more stable now.

I hated the ones I had. Shrill highs, boomy bass, absent mids. Sennheiser CX300 sound far superior for the same money if you must have canal phones.

Soldato
bloodline76 said:
Apparently they have redesigned the wire and wondering what they are like?

its the new wires that are the problem. its almost as if they are made from some rubber/foam hybrid. after a few months the outer layer starts to dry up and eventually falls apart. Mine have done this, my gf's older pair of ex71's are perfectly fine, but the wires on those are much heavier and also a little thicker:)

Associate
I also did a search on the Sony's as I had shortlisted them - and was put off by the amount of people who said that the wire was fragile and caused problems after little use.

For not a lot more money, I bought a pair of Shure e3c's off of a well known auction site.

Soldato
An older pair of sony's are the dogs. THe newer phase they started selling are complete and utter parp. Steer clear of them, you can get much better for your money now.
Sharp md-33s for example :)

Soldato
I must have bought mine about 1 and half years now and the only thing that stripped off was the rubber around the connectors, Nothing big they still work finr plus I used to really treat them rough.

Back
Top Bottom