Rawshooter Premium - anyone bought it?

Soldato
I use Rawshooter Essentials 2006 atm for most of my RAW tweaks, then use Paint Shop Pro to resize / crop / unsharp etc..

I was just wondering whether Rawshooter Premium is worth the $59.95?
The image straightening feature sounds pretty good, along with the ability to download directly from the camera.

Ta :)

Permabanned
I bought it, have to say i prefer to use windows explorer to manually download images, and adobe photoshop for everything else....not the best use of $60 in my opinion.

Associate
I still use the RawShooter Essentials 2006. The batch processing is really easy.

Not sure for you guys but when I view my raw file in photoshop it looks completely different to rawshooter/camera lcd. even when you turn off all the auto settings and leave it on as shot. Maybe I'm noob.

I generally use RawShooter to convert .NEF > JPEG and then use Photoshop to Crop, Level, Unsharp Mask.

Associate
Different RAW workflow software can give quite different results :)

I use Nikon Capture - slow and cumbersome it most definitely is, but I find that I get significantly better results from it :cool:

Associate
I usually compare the colour from RSE and photoshop with that of zoombrowser and find RSE a little colder in colour. I tend to use Raw Image Task as I prefer the colours from that, even though its slow.

Associate
I love Capture 1 Pro because amongst other things it has camera colour correction profiles - I've compared RAW shooter and capture1 pro and I like the latter a lot more results wise.

Associate
I used to use RSE without hesitation but since I upgraded to CS2 I've found it too cumbersome to use seperate programs for the whole workflow. I wasn't happy with the RAW converter in earlier versions of Photoshop but CS2 seems pretty good and it's shortened the workflow which is a bigger benefit to me than the marginally easier/better results from RSE. As far as RS premium goes the extra parts don't seem worth the benefit when RSE or CS2 do pretty much all I would need them to.

Back
Top Bottom