SCAM EMAIL - Ebay (just a warning)

Underboss
I knew straight away it was false

1) becuase in the TO field was not MY email adress
and
2) look at the layout its nothing like ebay's email (u might need to see the original email)

(hover over the link and u get this - http://218.84.26.125/manual/images/ebay/login1482/)

Credit/Debit Card Payment Declined!

Hello Dear Member,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EBay Account ID: E15524297001-USD
Card number: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-1738 (Not shown for security purposes)
Outstanding Payment Due: $1.15

We are writing to alert you that your monthly eBay seller fees have not been paid because
credit/debit card declined eBay's attempt to automatically deduct the amount due.

Because eBay will not be able to collect funds for payment from this credit/debit card, based
on the transaction decline reason, it has been taken off file from your account. Please sign in to
your eBay account and update your billing information:

http://signin.ebay.com/eBayISAPI.dll?SignIn&ssPageName=h:h:sin:US

Please note that this notice may not reflect payments made within the past 5 business days.
If your balance is $0.00 or you have recently made a payment, please disregard this message.

As a reminder, past due accounts may be restricted from buying or selling until payment is received.

Regards,
eBay, Inc.

Copyright © 2006 eBay, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Reference #: 10224.427.1

Permabanned
Beansprout said:
This is the key. ALL legitimate e-mails will use your username/name.

In 99% of cases e-mails which don't address you by name and which want info from you will be fraudulant :)

Dear Poster,

My name is Abdul Freshfish That is completely true what you just said, well done. If you can donate for the cause of my sick family the grace of god will be upon you.

Yours Sincerely,

Fred

Man of Honour
iCraig said:
Dear Poster,

My name is Abdul Freshfish That is completely true what you just said, well done. If you can donate for the cause of my sick family the grace of god will be upon you.

Yours Sincerely,

Fred
I can transfer money to your Eastern country by the barrel load my bretheren, pray tell me how do you spell Abdullah?

Permabanned
Beansprout said:
I can transfer money to your Eastern country by the barrel load my bretheren, pray tell me how do you spell Abdullah?

Sorry for my late reply SproutingBean but I have been tending to my sick family, they are the ill. I pray for your money to come soon as I feel death is knocking at their door of house.

Visit my online store if you wish to purchase many good products of god, such as the new iPod Mini cooper yes good price?

Yours fondly,

james t. kirk

Back
Top Bottom