If you dug a hole through the center of the earth would you......

Zip

Zip

Soldato
.....Be suspended in the air in the center of the earth by the force of gravity pushing u down from both sides of the world like my picture shows.

world4jn.jpg

Or would you just get crash or torn about from both forces pushing an pulling each way?

Anyone know the answer to this because its starting to bug me :o

Edit: Due to Mics post about burning melting im going to have to write this :o
There is no way of burning or melting to death in this question. Ive taken that out of the scenario

Last edited:
Associate
If there was no air resistance and it was a clear run you could jump in and just fly from one side to other constantly.

Soldato
You would osscillate between here and somewhere near new zealand for a long time eventually slowing down due to air resistance. Then you would be suspended in the middle of the earth and as forces are equal from all sides you would be experiencing weightlessness

*i think*

Soldato
What your really asking is if the Earth was put on a treadmill would the gravity =0.9r divided by the number of sandwiches you get when you slice one in half, subtracted from Broadband, isnt it?

Soldato
Pressure would probably squash you if you take away the burning/ melting.

gord said:
What your really asking is if the Earth was put on a treadmill would the gravity =0.9r divided by the number of sandwiches you get when you slice one in half, subtracted from Broadband, isnt it?

But is the treadmill travelling at the speed of light?

Associate
da_mic_1530 said:
say for arguments sake that he has a pressure resistant fire proof suit with all the stuff to keep him alive, would he float in the middle or whooosh straight through

Then it’s the bouncing ball equation all over again

The guy would have enough force to break past the source but the pull would mean he would slingshot back and forth until he stopped altogether.

Back
Top Bottom