M3 booked in for major moddage

Soldato
Did tag this on the end of the s2000 thread but that has died a death and as I know there are some peeps who will take intrest I have given it its own thread.

Also means I can keep all the updates etc in one place

anyway......

Having had a good chat with John the owner of Thorny Motorsport I have lucked out some what!

He has said he will use my car as a tech demo car of sorts for his stage 3 kit which he will fully document for his website and a magazine feature!!!!

I am getting a fair chunk off the cost and I would imagin get an even better fettling if it is going in a mag as I am sure he wants to show the best he can do.

Geting Miltek Racing cats, cat back and rear box, racing cams and £400 worth of internals (valve springs and bits and bobs) and a full remap to take advantage of the changes.

Being an honest bloke John doesn't like to give firm BHP figures instead does a before and after dyno along with a no happy no pay (with revert to stock) gaurantee.

The exhaust and remap alone gives around 28bhp with the cams offering another 20+, the remap and cams give amassive increase in midrange fun as well as the higher peak output but make the power delivery more inline with the csl, which even though it is lighter will get nailed by an m3 with all the above as it is the sam,e kit they use to improve the CSL with as well (oh yeah).

Anyone who has dealt with or heard tales of John and his work will know what a standup bloke he is and he only deals in rearwheel figures but will show crank but doesn't put any value in them.

Even geting a courtesy car thrown in for free for three days

Roll on the 20th of June

Soldato
Steve said:
lol

Weren't you booked in for the zorst and remap already or was that someone else :confused:

trying to get it booked, but havent got round to it yet.

but for the right discount - well, lets just go the whole hog! :)

Soldato
OP
He has a state of the art 4x4 dyno in its own cell with 1 meter fans but he currently only does Vauxhall and BMW.

He does give a bit of a discount for BM3W (BM5W) members so remember to drop that in

I woun't go into my charge as I don't feel that will be fare on John as it was a bit of a deal and some price matching going on but parts wise

Miltek exhast (race cats and cat back) £2100
Cams (for 2 obviously) £1000
Associated parts (valve bits etc) £400
Remap £650

Now this is a three day job and the cams are an engine out job on the straight 6 (not sure on the v8) so to change the cams alone is best part of 12 hours, then with all the dyno time remaping etc it really adds up.

edit:

Maybe I lied about it being 4x4 dyno, sure ai Read it somewhere clicky

Double edit:

a quick google on Dyno Dynamics Low Boy 450 and it is 4x4

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom