Anthony Hopkins - just tipping my hat to this brilliant actor

Man of Honour
Yesterday I watched an absolutely brilliant film called The Worlds Fastest Indian and I was amazed at Hopkins acting ability. I don't know if this film as done the Oscar rounds yet but if it hasn't then he deserves an Oscar.
One of the first films that I realised he was an excellent actor was The Bounty when he played Lieutenant William Bligh.
Anyway, just thought I'd show my appreciation.

Soldato
Great British actor. Up there with the likes of Sir Ian McKellen & Oliver Reed in my eyes.

Oh, and Jim Dale. ;) (No joking - I always loved him).

Soldato
deSade said:
Great British actor. Up there with the likes of Sir Ian McKellen & Oliver Reed in my eyes.

Oh, and Jim Dale. ;) (No joking - I always loved him).

Unfortunately has decided to become an American citizen. Who knows why, but he will always be British (and Welsh) whether he likes it or not. He is a great actor.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Loved him in The Edge, which isn't about U2's guitarist funnily enough. He plays a millionaire that gets lost in the wilderness with Alec Baldwin and they have to find their way back, fighting a manhunting grizzly bear and adverse conditions, as well as a somewhat twisted conflict of interest. Great film with great scenery, and I love the way Hopkins' character remains completely calm all the way through.

Soldato
Belmit said:
Loved him in The Edge, which isn't about U2's guitarist funnily enough. He plays a millionaire that gets lost in the wilderness with Alec Baldwin and they have to find their way back, fighting a manhunting grizzly bear and adverse conditions, as well as a somewhat twisted conflict of interest. Great film with great scenery, and I love the way Hopkins' character remains completely calm all the way through.

Great film. His calmness and self sufficiency was enough to get Alec Baldwin's character riled.

Soldato
dmpoole said:
Yesterday I watched an absolutely brilliant film called The Worlds Fastest Indian and I was amazed at Hopkins acting ability. I don't know if this film as done the Oscar rounds yet but if it hasn't then he deserves an Oscar.
I completely agree. I watched it recently too and it was a great film. Hopkins was amazing giving the character a palpable depth, humility and even a wry sense of humour. IMO it's very rare that an actor manages to achieve such a portrayal of a non-fictional character. It was a great story and together with the sympathetic direction and sterling performance by Hopkins, makes it one of my favourite films. 10/10

:)

Man of Honour
OP
phykell said:
I completely agree. I watched it recently too and it was a great film. Hopkins was amazing giving the character a palpable depth, humility and even a wry sense of humour. IMO it's very rare that an actor manages to achieve such a portrayal of a non-fictional character. It was a great story and together with the sympathetic direction and sterling performance by Hopkins, makes it one of my favourite films. 10/10

:)

Lets big up this wonderful film - The Worlds Fastest Indian.
I work with hundreds of people and I haven't found one person who's seen it.

Back
Top Bottom