Can you have sat nav on the N70?

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Spamalot said:
is it possible to have like grps positioning thingy, nothing to do with navigation for cars etc, but like a map showing exactly where you are?

Last edited:
Soldato
A2Z said:
is it possible to have like grps positioning thingy, nothing to do with navigation for cars etc, but like a map showing exactly where you are?

Well if it can tell where you are when you in a car going 100 MPH what do you think? It doesnt know your in a car, its just knows where the phone and gps unit are.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Spamalot said:
Well if it can tell where you are when you in a car going 100 MPH what do you think? It doesnt know your in a car, its just knows where the phone and gps unit are.
ok i duno, i thought the car stuff tells you like what roads to take to your destination etc etc...all i would really like is just a map with a dot saying where you are

any recommendations on what stuff is needed/good to do this? eg which gps unit and software?

Soldato
A2Z said:
ok i duno, i thought the car stuff tells you like what roads to take to your destination etc etc...all i would really like is just a map with a dot saying where you are

any recommendations on what stuff is needed/good to do this? eg which gps unit and software?

Well it will tell you where you are to the nearest 20M or so, if thats good enough.

all you need is a copy of mobile tomtom, and a gps unit, both should be able to get from ebay for less than £50 in total.

Soldato
Gadge said:
so the N70 and just tom tom software wont do? u also need the gps unit?? thought the n70 had all that built in being a 3G phone?

No, 3G meens where avaliable you can use hast internet a video calling ect..... for Satnav or GPS you need a unit that is not built into the phone. There are phones coming out that have built in GPS but for the meen time there in very limeted supply. There is a wap program that can tell you where you are if your lost though, if that help at all?

Soldato
Gadge said:
noo not lost lol! im at home. thanks anyway.

I may get the n70 so i can use the tom tom thingy, thats my main reason to get the n70.

There are better phones now for that sort of thing, what deal/where are you getting it from?

Add me to msn and I can try and help you if you want? Msn in trust.

Associate
OP
At the min im with o2 paying £20 a month, 50mins anytime and 500 texts. That amount of mins and texts are just right. so same deal really as that, at the same price if possible.

Soldato
Gadge said:
At the min im with o2 paying £20 a month, 50mins anytime and 500 texts. That amount of mins and texts are just right. so same deal really as that, at the same price if possible.

I pay £0 for as many mins as I like basically. Add me to your msn.

I dont pay £0 I pay £30 then get cash back for the £30, please stop adding me to msn, unless you want to know where to get a well good cash back deal!

Also cash back deals are not dodgy, if you go to the right places and play by the rules, wich in most cases are quite simple. There is money to be made if you play your cards right.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom