So, I pushed a bit harder at Combe today (Japfest)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
A bit too hard :(

smashedbumper.jpg

(Sorry for the crap picture, I'll post some better ones later)

Yes, almost the entire bottom of my front bumper is gone. Long story short: Spun coming out of the 'bobbies' (chicane), slid across grass, hit dip in grass.

It'll take a bit more than duck-tape.....

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
Yeah needs a new bumper. It actually came off in one big chunk so I'm going to do a pro ziptie-and-ducktape bodge for now.

But yeah, it could have been a lot worse. A fair few cars were badly damaged today, the greasy conditions were catching people out.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
DreXeL said:
AYes, almost the entire bottom of my front bumper is gone. Long story short: Spun coming out of the 'bobbies' (chicane), slid across grass, hit dip in grass.

Well done n00b! All that practice in rFactor not doing a whole lot for your crash-avoidance skills then..... :p :D

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
OP
andi said:
Look on the bright side though, could have done some damage to the intercooler, more expense :o

Exactly. There's no point being all ******off about it. These things happen with track driving, and the outcome could have been a lot worse.

On the plus side it was a great session. I went out with the ClubVR4 boys and started second from the front, behind a Pulsar. Overtook the Pulsar almost striaght away, then in just a couple of laps I had lapped the VR4's and overtook about 8 of them :D

I was really pushing it quite hard this time, finding and going beyond the limits of grip. This car handles just beautifully on limit :cool:

Soldato
SgtTupac said:
I spun on bobbies! Very slippy chicane :(

Yours was comical! You tried to correct it and then spun off in the opposite direction :D

Sorry to hear this DreXeL, although I was expecting much more damage, going by your thread title. So relieved to see it was only the bumper that is damaged. :)

These things happen though and at least you didn't do any serious damage.

Did you get out and look straight away or get back on the track?

Permabanned
Also, drex i to was also suprised how bumpy the field was! Looked under my car the other day and i seem to have brought half the field home with me! LOL :)

Back
Top Bottom