Possible Skiing/Snowboarding OCUK meet?

Soldato
Yes, I know both sports are way out of season at the moment, but im just seeing if there would possibly be any interest for this. I love skiing, and have been doing it since I was tiny, but unfortunately I don't get the chance very often due to money and the fact that none of my friends do it. I know there a deffinately a few of you out there that go. Even if it wasn't for this season, maybe even the one after that. I was thinking somewhere like France. I could be erm 'interesting' to organise, but it certainly would be fun. Anyone up for this, and any ideas/suggestions? :)

JKD

JKD

Associate
I'd be well up for that. Why not have a snowdome based meet, though? You're not too far away from Castleford Xscape, and I'm only 5 mins away from it.

M0T

M0T

Soldato
Wow, sounds like a really good meet idea although I would suggest a few pre meets so you know you arn't going with a load of tools.

I was reading an old Ali Ross book when I went last time and he was saying that theres a certain type of skier who he expects to see wrapped round a tree, but somehow manage to get down the mountain on pure bravado. That skier is me!

You can pretty much ski any run you want just taking it at your own pace. My pace varies from tortoise slow 'I'm taking in the view' to 'I wonder how fast I can go'. I do like a bit of off piste deep snow action though

Soldato
OP
Pre meets a deffinately a good idea, as we don't want any nutter with us(Im sure there arn't any on this site anyway ;) ) As you say M0T, any slope can be tackled by any skill level, and im the same, sometimes I like pusing it really hard and being on the edge, whereas other times I enjoy taking it easy and enjoy the scenery. Last time I went skiing, it was with the Uni alpine club to Val Thorens. Absolutely loved it. We skiied over 60miles one day, just to get lunch from a certain place, which was on the wrong side of the 3 valleys :D

Man of Honour
May be up for this, prior snowdome meets a must :) i live close to castleford Xscape so thats easy for me, Ski and snowboard... plus have my own equipment sounds like a plan anyway just need a good amount of ppl and if ya can get a good price for the trip even better

Last edited:
Associate
I'd be well up for this. Only problem is being on the wrong side of the planet right now.

There's still skiing in California right now - Mammoth is scheduled to be close after the 4th of July. It'll be open again in early November. 10 Month ski seasons rock :D

And for what its worth indoor / dry slope skiing just isn't worth it.

Man of Honour
Baron G said:
I'd be well up for this. Only problem is being on the wrong side of the planet right now.

There's still skiing in California right now - Mammoth is scheduled to be close after the 4th of July. It'll be open again in early November. 10 Month ski seasons rock :D

And for what its worth indoor / dry slope skiing just isn't worth it.

might not be worth it for u with 10month seasons!! its very worthit for us not having that oppurtunity

Soldato
OP
As long as we keep the idea going, and try and recruit more people. Ive not got the money or the time at the moment, so im not likely to do anything until autumn time at least. @Dried Graze and Baron G... you fancy inviting us to your local slopes then ;) :p

Back
Top Bottom