Printer for my kid.

Soldato
Well... id personally suggest the epson 2x0 (200, 220, 230 etc) they have good print quality, print pretty quick, good colour printer (read photo quality) and the inks are dirt cheap (even the official ones) it uses 6 seperate cartridges so you dont have to throw away a cart cos one of the colours runs out and the printers themselves are about £60-80 tops.

As an added bonus they print (full-face) to ink-jet printable dvd/cd's.

Ill be purchasing one next week - have 3 friends with them who cant recommend them enough.

Associate
vote for the epson 220. I've had 4 or 5 epsons, one older one still doing sterling work for my parents, never had problems with ink head clogging.

I usually buy jettec inks and they're good quality and about half the epson price

Man of Honour
I use Non Canon Inks for mine ( X-Print - With good results )

I usually buy from " an online store "

" Black & Colour Combo Packs " ( 3 x Black , 1 x Cyan , 1 x Magenta , 1 x Yellow )

Buy 2 packs get 1 free @ £16.45 per pack + Free P+P

Works out at £1.83 per cartridge !

Cheers,

Mark

Permabanned
Look for the Lexmark 6350,

Printer, scanner, copier with a little colour screen for £75 at your local high street.

Soldato
i have a Canon iP2000 that my girlfriend and I share for uni work, it's a great printer, the cartridges are dirt cheap, it's fast and it's not too noisy and we've not had any problems with it since September last year.

Man of Honour
I know it's not rocket science , but when sourcing a printer it pays to look at the ink prices first.

Yes , a printer can be bought for £30/40 but the ongoing costs will mount up.

Far better to check the consumable side of it first then work back to a good printer.

" Buy cheap , pay twice "

Cheers,

Mark ( Canon IP 3000 owner )

Caporegime
utherpendragon said:
if it's just for school work and the like save a bit of money and get a nice cheapy epson, can't complain with 50p cartridges :D

You can when the printheads on the printer jam up and you need to replace loads of cartridges.

Associate
Energize said:
You can when the printheads on the printer jam up and you need to replace loads of cartridges.
How often do you need to clean your print heads? I've probably done it twice in two years with light use. The facvt is it is being used for school work and for low usage, low feature set printers, epson cannot be beaten for value.

Back
Top Bottom