The Sopranos

Soldato
I know I'm behind the times, but I saw my first episode of The Sopranos last night (the Pilot).

A friend at work lent me the first season box set & I have to say it looks like it's going to be superb - a nice mix of gritty drama with a good sprinkling of humour. And the best thing is, I've got seasons to catch up on! :)

Anyone got thoughts on this series?

Associate
Love it! However, it's odd going back to Series#1 now. The character of Tony is so much different. He's thin, has a bit more hair and doesn't have the accent he has now. It's pretty much straight American to begin with, then it develops an American/Italian twang. Not sure when the accent changed or if it just happened gradually.

Soldato
deSade said:
I know I'm behind the times, but I saw my first episode of The Sopranos last night (the Pilot).

A friend at work lent me the first season box set & I have to say it looks like it's going to be superb - a nice mix of gritty drama with a good sprinkling of humour. And the best thing is, I've got seasons to catch up on! :)

Anyone got thoughts on this series?

You lucky sod!!! I'd love to watch them all over again not knowing what was going to happen. You have another 50+ episodes ahead of you. Without doubt the best thing on TV these days. :)

Soldato
OP
Tony Soprano said:
You lucky sod!!! I'd love to watch them all over again not knowing what was going to happen. You have another 50+ episodes ahead of you. Without doubt the best thing on TV these days. :)
My personal fave is Deadwood - so if it can get even close to that I'll be happy. :)

All hail HBO.

Soldato
deSade said:
My personal fave is Deadwood - so if it can get even close to that I'll be happy. :)

All hail HBO.

Deadwood is top notch as well. :) If you have no idea what happens in future episodes of The Sopranos, do not let anyone spoil them for you. Every series so far has been fantastic, the writing, drama, comedy, crime and cast are perfect.

Associate
Yep you are one lucky man

The Sopranos is the best show i have eber seen on TV the detailed stoylines and humour are fantastic viewing. If you are a mafia fan then this is a must watch show. Happy viewing :)

Associate
HBO simply makes the best TV...Oz, Sopranos, Rome, Six Feet Under to name a few...the latest series of Soprano's is probably my favorite, up to episode 10 and very upset that there are only a few episodes left, then this classic will be gone forever :(

Soldato
OP
Phunk-E-Man said:
I never got into it...Ian McShane put me off, lol...is it that good?!?
Absolute quality. Great characterisation, story & style. Possibly a bit slow moving for some - but that said, I thought Ian McShane was the dogs b's in it.

Soldato
Phunk-E-Man said:
Hmmm...might have to downlo....I mean buy it and check it out ;)

Any other recommendations along the same lines?

It has been compared to the Sopranos in terms of violence and drama only it's set back in the 1900's. Ian McShane was the dog's in it. :)

Back
Top Bottom