looking for the BEST air cooler.

Soldato
i know there are a lot of threads on this already but i want to know which is THE BEST cooler.
i dont care about noise as i have 3x120mm fans and 2x80mm fans at the minute.

i just want THE BEST air cooler available from OCUK!!!!

thanks for replies.

will be cooling system in sig with a X2 3800 overclocked (as high as it will go) ordering next week!!!

Soldato
A Ninja would not be much better with a delta than it would with an amber due to the fins being placed so far apart. High airflow only helps on coolers with tightly packed fins (i.e. Tt Big Typhoon). The fan that comes with it is perfectly fine and will offer excellent cooling plus it has dropped in price loads since it was released (was £45 + fan)

Suspended
Ninja with stock fan, or two identical 12cm fans (or just fit another with similar specs supplied with the HSF)

Kinda contridicticting yourself....do you want overclock potentional, or low noise? Stock HSF is pretty quiet at 1600rpm HTPC setup for example, and suitable for non clocking setup (cool and quiet enabled, laptop power saving mode in control panel)

Permabanned
gr1mey said:
with 4 deltas??? omg!

think hairdryer, no wait....hoover!

you couldnt do that, it would create a spiral vortex inside the heatsink that would cause a build up of static electricity, eventually ripping a whole in spacetime at which point your pc would be sucked into your very own mini quantumn singularity.

Soldato
locutus12 said:
you couldnt do that, it would create a spiral vortex inside the heatsink that would cause a build up of static electricity, eventually ripping a whole in spacetime at which point your pc would be sucked into your very own mini quantumn singularity.

:D Wahahaha!

Ever thought of Zalman 9500? Good cooler for OC-ed CPU, quite quiet too.

Associate
agreed, in all seriousness though, the ninja is a kick ass HSF, if the noise of the supplied fan bugs you, swap for a silent eagle/amber/panaflow or alike - make sure it pushes THROUGH the heatsink towards the rear exhaust; and you're laughing m8.

Soldato
You might want to google the scythe mine. In reviews, it has performed better than the ninja (which is generally considered to be the best about). It's also much lighter and far easier to fit (you don't need a back plate on your mobo). Unfortunately, OcUK don't stock them.

Back
Top Bottom