Lady Vengeance - anyone else get it in the post this morning?

Permabanned
Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (2002) > Oldboy (2003) > A Bittersweet Life (2005) > Sympathy For Lady Vengeance (2005)

All 4 however are superb films and far better than the majority of garbage Hollywood pump out these days (ie Hostel, Saw I/II ..etc)

Soldato
OP
I'm agreeing with the two who've seen it.

Excellent film, but Sympathy... is better than it, and Oldboy is better than that.

Still though an excellent, excellent film, and the main character was quite fascinating I thought. She spends 3/4 of the movie trying to make you dislike her, it seems, and then all of a sudden you find out who she really is, what she's really getting at, what really happened, and all of a sudden you're rooting for her. I liked that a lot.

Soldato
Saw it at the cinema in some kind of super-uber screen with couches instead of normal chairs and it was crackin'.

Certainly a film you won't forget easily, messes with the mind quite a bit. Great score too.

God awful attempt at a DVD though, i'll add it to my "When they make a decent version i'll buy it" list.

So thats;

Lady Vengeance
Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

Both pathetic attempts at a DVD release. :mad:

Associate
Fantastic movie. Not as good as Oldboy but still very good.

It seems to me that Asian cinema is taking the mick out of Hollywood in terms of quality.

Back
Top Bottom