chilli and lime salmon

Soldato
afternoon all. i bought a couple of nice salmon steaks yesterday ( boneless but with skin ) and has been marinading with juice from a whole lime and a decent amount of chilli.

so how long do i need to cook it for?
am thinking of dry frying 3 mins on each side. this about right?

Soldato
Not really a fish eater but,

I would heat the pan to a high heat (griddle if you have one)

Splash olive oil on the skin and make sure it covers it

sear both sides and then cook untill the inside is (white or light pink and flakey)

KaHn

Permabanned
spike's said:
afternoon all. i bought a couple of nice salmon steaks yesterday ( boneless but with skin ) and has been marinading with juice from a whole lime and a decent amount of chilli.

so how long do i need to cook it for?
am thinking of dry frying 3 mins on each side. this about right?

Griddle it with a little olive oil, the time varys for each piece based on thickness, best thing to do is get a fork and split a little bit, if it flakes then its done. it should taste dry and smooth throughout the fillit, if its at all rubbery then its not cooked properly.

Soldato
Don't oil it. :)

If you have the pan very hot and let the side cook properly you wont need oil and it wont stick. If you are not comfortable with that, dribble the oil on a plate before hand then rub the fish in that rather than applying directly to either the fish or the pan - you save oil and won't over oil the fish. :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
William said:
Don't oil it. :)

ive been cooking samon or haddock (depending on which i got from the market) most saturdays for the last 10 years :) a little olive oil on the griddle will crisp it and help it not to stick.

Soldato
locutus12 said:
ive been cooking samon or haddock (depending on which i got from the market) most saturdays for the last 10 years :) a little olive oil on the griddle will crisp it and help it not to stick.

Well I have been cooking various stuff from tescos for 3 years so to hell with you! :D

daz

daz

Soldato
Colour = flavour

If you're going to do it in tin foil in the oven, you may as well do it in the microwave (but obviously tin foil and microwaves don't mix...).

Soldato
OP
ThriceNightly said:
....i see you all like to fry ( in oil)

i wrap my salmon steaks up in foil (leave the top of the foil open slightly) and cook in the oven at 180 for aprox 20-25 mins
oooh, may try that. its in lime and chilli at the moment. i take it i could cook it with this ( make a parcel sort of thing ) and then have this as a sauce.? i am having noodles with it.

and whats 180 in gas mark?

Associate
ThriceNightly said:
....i see you all like to fry ( in oil)

i wrap my salmon steaks up in foil (leave the top of the foil open slightly) and cook in the oven at 180 for aprox 20-25 mins

Do the same but close the top, make it so its like a tent and that way the steam turns back to water and doesnt make the fish dry out.

Back
Top Bottom