FTP Error 550

Soldato
Hello,

Im having a problem with using FTP on my computer. When i try to trasnfer any file i get the 550 error and the ftp client hangs.

I tried it on a different computer and it worked fine so it must be something wrong with mine.

I have used SmartFTP and CuteFP and Windows Explorer.

I know the error 550 means Cannot not determine file size or something similiar.

Thanks in advance.

Associate
Question/Problem: I keep receiving an error message: "550 permission denied or 550 access denied". What does this mean?

Answer/Solution: The 550 error is a message from the server stating that the account you have currently logged in as does not have permission to perform the action you are attempting. You may be trying to upload to the wrong directory or trying to delete a file.

Here is an example of when someone would receive this message:

John logs into ftp.ipswitch.com and goes to the directory /Ipswitch/Product_Downloads
In this directory John sees a list of files for users to download. If John selects a file from his local system and tries to upload it to this directory he will receive the 550 permission denied message because he does not have rights to upload to this directory. John has read and list permissions only. In order to upload John needs write permission. He could contact the system administrator to ask for write permission on the server.

Back
Top Bottom