Calling All MDA Pro/XDA EXEC/SPV M5000 Users

Associate
Can the MDA Pro (and variants) view streaming media via wifi well? I am looking/hoping to use my DigiTV Freeview Player as a server and broadcast freeview TV from my home wifi network so that I can view it when in Wifi hotspots elsewhere.

If that is possible then that would be the deciding factor as to whether I sell my PSP setup or not.

Soldato
Alty said:
Can the MDA Pro (and variants) view streaming media via wifi well? I am looking/hoping to use my DigiTV Freeview Player as a server and broadcast freeview TV from my home wifi network so that I can view it when in Wifi hotspots elsewhere.

If that is possible then that would be the deciding factor as to whether I sell my PSP setup or not.

Its 802.11g so its as fast as that, so very fast. Its will depend on the speed of the router, but I've seen these sort of things done without a problem.

Soldato
Well its got a 500mhz processor so it should be able to deal with the movie fine. the wireless is more than up to the bandwidth too. i'm also currently replying on one! They really do rock...

Last edited:
Associate
This might be a really noobish question, but wouldn't your home connection's upload capacity be more of a limiting factor? It'll broadcast at the speed of your wifi network's while you're within range of it, but not while you're away from home, right?

Man of Honour
LeperousDust said:
Well its got a 500mhz processor so it should be able to deal with the movie fine. the wireless is more than up to the bandwidth too. i'm also currently replying on one! They really do rock...

Mine is a nice and nippy 624mhz. :D

Overclocking your phone is the only way to go for full screen video. :D

Only use 2gb SD cards for video though - havent tried streaming.

Simon/~Flibster

Soldato
manveruppd said:
This might be a really noobish question, but wouldn't your home connection's upload capacity be more of a limiting factor? It'll broadcast at the speed of your wifi network's while you're within range of it, but not while you're away from home, right?
Correct.

Soldato
Flibster said:
Mine is a nice and nippy 624mhz. :D

Overclocking your phone is the only way to go for full screen video. :D

Only use 2gb SD cards for video though - havent tried streaming.

Simon/~Flibster

Off topic, how did you manage to overclock your phone please?

Associate
ElRazur said:
Thanks, ive added that to my favourites, gonna look it up later. I am planning on getting a Mda pro soon.

Have you had any problems with XCPU Scalar? I tried setting it to adapt the speed depending on load and within 30 seconds, the screen had corrupted and faded up to pure white. It even does this if I underclock. Im running it on an SPV M5000... Im sensing an insurance claim coming on!

Soldato
Sijo45 said:
Have you had any problems with XCPU Scalar? I tried setting it to adapt the speed depending on load and within 30 seconds, the screen had corrupted and faded up to pure white. It even does this if I underclock. Im running it on an SPV M5000... Im sensing an insurance claim coming on!

No i havent used it, im yet to get the handset. Im gonna get one by the end of the month.
That's weird, perhabs the link is for a virus??

Associate
ElRazur said:
No i havent used it, im yet to get the handset. Im gonna get one by the end of the month.
That's weird, perhabs the link is for a virus??

No, the program works, although I've now discovered that it is an old version which is not compatible with Windows Mobile 5. Grrrr.... Probably why it keeps messing up!

Back
Top Bottom